Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Weekly Encouragement

Hard to believe we are in the middle of January already! Monday the braces came off and Tuesday was my dentist check up (fun times), so I have been making lots of trips to Murray this week. It has been a great week of eating and enjoying food once again without extra things in my mouth, but I am thankful I went through the process. This time I will wear my retainer, forever, so there will be no third time!!

We finished up week 20 of school here at Raising Arrows! I am thankful for being able to have the freedom to homeschool, to teach and train my children. Seeing my children learn new things is wonderful thing to be a part of. I will admit there are some days it be great to drop of kid(s) off at school and then have time to myself to go hang out, workout, and yes there are times I do a need a time out, but I wouldn't want it any other way. It is a season, God has given me these children and the opportunity to teach them. I am thankful God has given me friends that are on this same journey who understand, because at times I feel like an outsider, but that is what I am called to be. Kind of like this song...




 “We need to be missional women, missional mothers: To be a part of God’s great commission, wherever God has placed us. See your life from an eternal perspective no matter where you’re at. Have courage to do what God has called you to do right here, right now.” ~Ann Dunagan

But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts~ 1 Thessalonians 2:4 
Little man had to show off his new belt!

 Abigail loves to make and give cards, 
she now has her very own card making kit thanks to my bro!

Making cards for some of our fav military boys!

Chicken coop is coming along, so thankful for my hubby! Can't wait till it is done!

Encouraging reads:

This quote is for me... “If you’re not careful, the urgent will take precedence over the important.” - See more at: http://thehumbledhomemaker.com/2014/01/boundaries-arent-bad-thing-one-word-2014.html#sthash.m3Wi6kcO.dpuf







Absolutely these are the things I want to teach my daughter http://wearethatfamily.com/2015/01/24-lessons-want-teach-daughter-leaves-home/ 

Really? Could I really be serving Jesus in the most mundane activities of my day? http://www.thebettermom.com/blog/2015/1/10/holiness-sometimes-begins-in-the-bathroom


Homeschool:
the reasons I am thankful for homeschooling go beyond the academic benefits. http://nextgenhomeschool.com/2014/11/06/five-reasons-im-thankful-for-homeschooling/

What we will be considering the following school year http://www.kirstenjoyawake.com/homeschooling/5-good-reasons-to-homeschool-year-round





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.