Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Compassion






God our creator loves us ALL, you can see that throughout the Bible. As I have been reading through the Gospels as part of my Lent journey, God has really spoken to me about the compassion Jesus had. Don’t take my "WORD" for it, but read through the gospels and you will see the many times Jesus has compassion for us. I am not just talking about believers, but ALL of us, this includes unbelievers also. Jesus I can never thank you enough for all you overcame and did for me, for ALL of us! .

Mark 6:34 When Jesus went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things. 

I know sometimes it is hard to be compassionate in this world. This world can be hard at times and we are many times expected to be people that have attitudes I can take care of myself and we put on these tough shells. However, that is not a way to live, I have learned we all need each other. I know and probably you have to, had a lot of hurts throughout the years and through those times, have built up little walls of protection. It is time we crash those walls and share with one another, which is one way to show compassion to one another. At times I still continue to fail at this, because I get distracted, too busy, or not sure what to say. However, when we look at things through the eyes of God and HIS perspective, it is possible to do. May I be a person filled with compassion to those around me, even when I don’t understand. Let’s be encouragers and show the love like Jesus did for us all, keeping our focus on things above (Colossians 3:2)

My prayer is for everyone to know the great love of our Lord and accept HIM as your savior. Life has much to offer, but Jesus is the only one who can offer you the greatest gift off all! Jesus+Nothing=Everything  

Matthew 9:36 Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. 


Matthew 14:14 When He went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and felt compassion for them and healed their sick. 


Matthew 15:32 And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, "I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way."



Matthew 20:34 Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him.



Mark 8:2-3 "I feel compassion for the people because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat.”If I send them away hungry to their homes, they will faint on the way; and some of them have come from a great distance." 


Luke 7:13 When the Lord saw her, He felt compassion for her, and said to her, "Do not weep." 


John 11:34-36 and said, "Where have you laid him?" They said to Him, "Lord, come and see." Jesus wept. So the Jews were saying, "See how He loved him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.