Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday encouragement and refueling!

Another fun snowstorm, hit this week, and when a snowflake hits the ground in the south, all bread, eggs, and milk disappear and everything shuts down. Well not exactly, but pretty darn close to it, ha!! We did receive 14" which is more snow then I have seen in the last 10 years due to living in Texas and now Kentucky. Bringing back memories of Minnesota! The kids had fun and the hubby got a workout!




School continues here, we are close to being done for the year, right now at the rate we are going we will be finished first part of May. So I am starting to look at some summer learning things for us. We won't be doing full-time school this year, but continue on in language arts and possibly start cursive and latin. We will have a fun summer with golf, tball, VBS, and probably swimming lessons again. We are getting ready to get baby chicks for the chicken coop which is about finished, just waiting for the weather to cooperate and hopefully soon start planning the garden. All which will make great learning opportunities. I also need to order our curriculum for the 2015-2016 school year, which will be here sooner then I want it to be. Years fly by too fast!!

This month we are focusing on forgiveness, oh that is a hard one sometimes. I think I will be learning some things while we study this together during homeschool study.


During my time of Lent, which has been such a refreshing time being in the Word daily! I am also reading through a few other books too. God has opened my eyes to how I sometimes, just get in HIS way, I try to fix people, instead of letting the ONE fix them, all I need to do is love and point them to the ONE, who can fix all, even what we think it may be impossible. However, nothing is impossible with God! I am also a doer, and will take on task upon task, until I am worn thin. We started homeschooling this year, and I thought that nothing in my life would need to change I could continue to do it all, ha, that has proven wrong. God kept telling me to move out of the way. So I finally did, I stepped away from something I have be doing for about 5 years and that was mom ministry. I started being a part of a group in Texas and started a group here after shortly moving here as there was not one. Mom ministry has been such a blessing to me in my life, I know I would not be where I am without some of those faithful ladies encouraging, praying, and mentoring me. So for now I am stepping away, not that I won't be there, I am in full support (because us mama's we need each other), but stepping down from leadership/coordinating roles. God has a plan, and there will be new leadership, someone that will take this group to the next level, as it continues to grow. We already have a great MOM team! I am taking some personal time to refresh, refuel and hear from God to where he wants me. Right now being a homeschool mom and wife is enough. Funny thing, once I let it go, other things have come up that normally I probably be too busy to say yes to. One thing that I am excited about is the homeschool coop we will be a part of next year! So will see just what God has in store, life is a journey and I am doing my best to follow the lead of the ONE who has it!

Pics of the week:
Be sure to check out the pics from the Father/Daughter Banquet, it was such a blessing again. Here is that post: http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2015/03/father-daughter-dance-2015.html

From father daughter dance!

This little guy stopped taking naps, but some days it is tough!

Cutie in his new pj's from a sweet friend!

Practicing! Learning how to play Yankee Doodle Dandy!

I had too! It may look like winter wonderland outside, but it is starting to look like Easter inside!


Encouraging Reads:

But I’ve learned that while God won’t force Himself on us, He does absolutely speak and give us guidance.  He won’t reach down from heaven with a holy stick and “whack” us until we choose to stay in line.  In contrast, He speaks gently and encourages us to follow His way if we so choose. http://chrystalevanshurst.com/follow-the-yellow-lines/



Moms, it is ok to say no. You don’t have to do it all. You don’t have to feel guilty that you said no. Saying no brings peace to your life when you’re overwhelmed. If your plates are full, it’s time to empty them. God will provide someone else who can say yes to the things you need to say no to today. He will ensure that there are hands to complete the things that need to be done. Moms, you don’t have to do it all. It’s time to fulfill the specific calling(s) God has placed on your life and leave the rest of the things in His hands. http://themultitaskinmom.com/moms-ok-say-no/

Moms, listen when I tell you, that no one has it all together. No one has a perfect home, marriage or kids. And if they tell you that they do, you may want to get new friends… http://themultitaskinmom.com/feel-like-never-enough/

1. Don’t take too much credit for their good.
2. Don’t take too much credit for their bad.
3. Don’t try to raise a good child. Raise a God-following adult.
http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/i-dont-want-to-raise-a-good-child-2/

So go ahead — Dare to be brilliantjust seek the light in everything. Dare to believe joy is revolutionary: it goes straight against the way this dark world spinsLight is always a radical thing in a dark world. http://www.incourage.me/2015/02/daring-greatly-to-live-fully-right-where-you-are.html

What our children really need from us – it doesn’t cost a thing. https://thishouseisourhome.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/kids-arent-expensive-but-that-other-thing-sure-is/


So true for me, I want to fix, but there is only ONE true fixer!! HE can do the impossible!!! Seek HIM in ALL things, God's got it!! "Maybe we feel like we have so many problems because we’re taking on problems that God never meant for us to shoulder. In fact, I’ve become convinced this is my problem—I take on other people’s problems, the world’s problems, even God’s problems, but I don’t have to. Jesus goes on to say: “So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:31-33)." http://www.johnburkeonline.com/problems/

Yet, rest may very well be the most strategic thing to do if we have a busy, full and demanding life. http://sallyclarkson.com/the-secret-of-creating-rest-when-life-exhausts-a-lady/
 

Our children are indeed learning all the time — sometimes it’s academic, sometimes it’s poetic. Our children need both. Let’s not slide into thinking that nothing is happening if we aren’t hitting the books. http://simplehomeschool.net/paradigm-shift-curriculum/





1 comment:

  1. I have been loving this snow!! It's the snowiest Berea winter that I ever recall :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.