Friday, April 3, 2015

Hello April!!

This week has been a whirlwind of events. My hubby happened to be home on a Saturday night (rarity), so we took advantage of that time and saw The Promise (A pageant put on my Trace Creek Baptist, about the life of Jesus Christ), I recommend it to all the local peeps, it will really prepare your heart for the gift that Jesus gives us! Over the weekend I took the kids to an Easter egg hunt at the Methodist church, my parents and brother arrived Sunday to stay in area for a few days, and Tuesday we had Aidan's 4th birthday party with his little friends (his actual birthday is tomorrow, Saturday!). Thankful to have my family here to help out for that (now there back home in Minnesota, missing family today). It was a beautiful day outside and the kids enjoyed some playtime and a tractor hayride, as that was the request from Aidan for his birthday party. Thankful to have friends from church help make that happen, since we don't own a tractor. Though it is on the wish list!

With a new month, comes a new focus in our homeschool, FAITH! Faith is knowing, loving, and following Jesus. Our verse for the month is Galatians 2:20. We had a short school week, but did finish up week 31! Next week is spring break here so the schools are out and we will also take a break to enjoy the Tater Day parade and some outside fun with friends hopefully, if the weather cooperates! Plus I need to do some spring cleaning and finish up going through the house and purging some items. So good for the soul!

The last couple months I have been in kind of a slump with where God wants me, but through prayer and talking with a couple people, plus reflecting on what this week really means, God has shown me His great hope, love, and message!! I truly can't be more blessed! This week is Holy week, the most important week of the year! At least I think it is. Jesus walked this earth and accomplished what He came for, I am so very thankful for that!
Jesus knew all he would endure while on earth, he knew what he would face on the cross, but yet He kept on moving to reach the goal of the cross. This is perseverance! Without perseverance no one can fulfill God's will in his life. Nothing worthwhile and nothing significant enough to impact time and eternity will ever come to pass without perseverance.
My prayer is for each person to take some time and read through the gospels over the next few days, if you haven't already and if you have, reread it. God always reveals something new to me. I promise it is not time wasted!

Few snapshots of our week:
 Easter Fun!




Aidan Birthday Party! 




Can't believe this little man will be four, April 4th, GOLDEN Birthday!! He is such a blessing, he brings lots of joy and fun craziness into our lives. His favorite things are John Deere tractors, color green of course, peanut butter and jelly, well anything with sugar in it, cause he is sweet like that! He loves to help and play hard. He is an early riser, with non stop energy. Happy Birthday Aidan, we love you!!!!




Encouraging reads:
 "You HAVE to decide what you believe to be the most important work in the world and then you have to DO THAT WORK. Because THIS is what happens. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. God shows up." http://momastery.com/blog/2015/04/01/most-important-question/



Tears reading through this one…”Dying doesn’t have to be a tragedy — if we have avoided the tragedy of living for the wrong things.” http://www.aholyexperience.com/2015/03/how-to-recover-the-lost-art-of-dying-well-what-kara-tippetts-taught-us/


"Being still -- what a challenge for us today with our hurried schedules and responsibilities. But Oswald Chambers reminds us:  The busyness of things obscures our concentration on God." http://sweettothesoul.com/blog/2015/03/28/be-still-see

"And God has a message for all of us: the same idea holds true no matter what the subject. That which we devote our time to is what we will become better at or know best." http://homeschoolmosaics.com/teach-and-you-will-learn/


I had been hurt deeply by people close to me in the past, so I had spent years of my life too scared to open up or be authentic for fear of getting hurt again. http://moneysavingmom.com/2014/06/find-good-friends.html

Soul On Fire by Third Day








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.