Friday, April 24, 2015

I survived!!

Oh my some weeks are like that! This week we finished our kitchen remodel, yay!! Funny how you plan it out and then something happens to put a glitch in the process, but hey life lessons are learned during those times, right! Thankfully this was just a minor one, and not major this time! You think by now I would learn that nothing usually goes according to plan. Yes God I hear you!! He has a funny way of talking to me sometimes. Really I am thankful we were able to do our kitchen remodel, it is nothing fancy, but it is more updated. Thankful for handy DIY husband, he saves us lots of money.

The last few weeks of schooling have been tough, not for the student, but for me, staying disciplined, when it is a beautiful day outside, keeping focused when there are many distractions, but we finished the week! Now only three weeks left and these three weeks are going to be busy, lots of year end school activities for my boy who attends preschool and he starts T-ball. All the work I did during spring break to clean and organize my house, well it has suffered greatly this last week due to the remodel and no time to tend to it, so I may need to take time to tend to the house. I can not be surrounded by clutter or messes, it just doesn't work for me, too distracting. I need to remember even though we have three weeks it may end up being four weeks because we may have to take off an extra couple days here an there, but hey one of the perks of homeschooling. Flexibility is hard for me sometimes, because I tend to like to stay the course and keep focused, but when I do that I may be missing out some opportunities, some God moments. So I am learning to live with HIS awareness and it is a struggle most days, but hey that is OK there is grace! I am a work in progress just like anyone else, not one of us perfect!

Loved this quote I came across: 

“Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands.” -Elisabeth Elliot


Some pics of our kitchen before and after:
Before
After

After

Before


This weeks pics (I know I am slacking):
Blowing wishes!

This cute boy!

Inspiring reads, because who can't use a little inspiration and encouragement!


It’s a sacrifice, but worth it!! I wouldn’t change a thing. http://smarttereachday.com/?p=3898



We all have something. Most of us have lots of somethings. http://www.incourage.me/2015/04/the-power-of-me-too.html
 
5 things to remember in a season of change http://rachelwojo.com/5-things-to-remember-in-a-season-of-change/


We are in it together. Your mess becomes my mess and mine is yours. We stand side by side, in the muck and mire of life, looking to Jesus, the One who met us in our sin and took it upon himself, so that we might be cleansed forever. http://www.toshowthemjesus.com/2015/messy-community/

I highly recommend this book.... http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2015/04/heart-sistersbook-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.