Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday is here!!!

Our school sign, made by my husband!
What a gorgeous week for weather!!! This week was teacher appreciation week and this Sunday Mother's day, so in reality all about me week!! Just kidding, but seriously as a stay at home/homeschooling mom I appreciate the teachers out their that teach. So be sure to thank a teacher! It is such a blessing to pour your heart into these precious souls. I am just thankful I get to do that with my own children. Sure there are some days I wonder about it all, but in the end it fills my soul and my children. This week has been busy fun, as usual! We enjoyed lots of outside time, water time, tball practice for little man, and finished up another week of school. We only have a couple days to go and we will be done with the 2014-2105 school year!! Need to plan a celebration for next week!

Soon I will start to plan our 2015-2016 school year and I have thought a lot about planning, as it is one of my gifts. Yes I am a planning organizing nerd! This verse has been coming to me a lot "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans"~Proverbs 16:3 It is so true, I can plan all I want, but ultimately God has it. Things may change and that is OK. I need to remember to do it for the right reasons, to glorify God in it, through it, in all the things I do. I don't always get it right, so when I do mess up at least He will still use it in mighty way, it might only be to teach me a lesson. So with that, I need to remember put God first and it will all work out!

Pics of the week:
We were so excited to have baby birds till Peter found them!
Beep, beep!
Sprinkler fun!

Boating fun!
 


Hold on to your hats!
Who is steering?

It's a dog's life!


Must read for those that struggle with the church.
Husband made me a place for target practice!

Inspiring reads:


Awesome list, LOL!!! But seriously…”Though all Mom’s need an occasional break to refresh and refuel, undoubtedly not one of us would trade the gift of motherhood away for anything.  It’s been said that nothing worth doing ever comes easily, and I’d imagine we’d all agree motherhood tops that list! Wishing all you Moms a happy Mother’s Day this year – whether your special day includes anything on your wish list or not, I hope you all are able to enjoy the gift that keeps on giving – your kids!” http://www.shelivesfree.com/2015/04/what-she-really-wants-for-mothers-day-real-moms-tell-all.html


It consumes your mind. It fills your heart. It exhausts your body. It grows you like you never imagined. It’s parenthood. https://sanctificationandspitup.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/10-ways-to-enjoy-your-child-today/

You are an awesome mom. Hang in there. I mean it. You’re gonna make it. One step at a time. Chin up my beautiful sister. http://courtneydefeo.com/10-ways-can-help-others-moms/

We’re not meant to “run” alone. We need each other. We need to be real with one another. We need to pour over God’s Word with one another and pray for one another. We need authentic community. We need to run this faith-race with other runners. Need. As in need. http://tooverflowing.com/not-meant-to-run-the-faith-race-alone/

Life has a funny way of teaching the best lessons–if we let it. Sometimes the very best lessons are in the consequences. http://wearethatfamily.com/2015/04/because-sometimes-being-the-meanest-mom-might-also-make-you-mother-of-the-year/


You are enough. You were chosen for your kids. You’re a really great mom. http://courtneydefeo.com/mothers-day/

There tends to be an us vs. them mentality among parents. Breast-feeding vs. bottle-feeding. Cloth diapers vs. disposable. Work-outside-the-home vs. stay-at-home. And, of course, public school vs. homeschool. http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/5-things-public-school-parents-and-homeschool-parents-have-in-common/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.