Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday~Weekly Rewind and Blessings!

It has been a hot, hot week here, thankful for the cool down coming today. Last Sunday was a hot one out on the golf course! But Abigail had a great lesson, she had some great hits and form. Also Aidan even got to try one out, he still has a ways to go, but he loved it! This week was full of blessings and also tiresome, that is what VBS does to you, but blessed to be a part of it and so worth it, to see  the excited faces and also hearing of children making decision to follow Christ! All the kids had a blast and learned some great Biblical lessons in a fun environment! Took some great pics of the kids on their dress-up days, unfortunately Aidan wasn't feeling well the last day. However, after we dropped of Abigail, he came home and pooped and was all better. I tell you, if that was all you needed to do in life to be better, haha!! It was a long week and there were some hot days so I also think that may have taken it's toll, so instead of serving at church that day we missed out, I served at home, spending time with Aidan and cleaning. I am learning, sometimes it really is those everyday ordinary moments that we serve God in can make the most impact.

Now that VBS is done, and Aidan has one Tball game left and Abigail two golf classes left, I can then turn my focus to finalizing our homeschool planning for the upcoming school year and finish getting our room ready! I received what I call the homeschool bible in the mail this week and I always enjoy going through it, plus they have great deals!!!

In a few weeks my mentor friend and her mentor friend and I are going to offer an informational meeting on what mentoring looks like and in hopes to start a mentoring program. I have wrote about my experience before http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2014/11/living-free.html . I encourage everyone to be a mentor to someone and be a mentee. It is one of the best investments of time I have made. My mentor has helped me walk through some hard things and helped me become more confident of who I am in Christ and that is so freeing!! I always leave talking with her feeling better, because she is a great encourager, but also will tell me how it is, love her honesty! I can't wait to see what happens with this!! For more information check out this link: https://bible.org/article/step-step-mentoring-ministry
What is the purpose of Christian mentoring? "It is a Spiritual growth through friendship."
Eccl. 4:9 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work."

This week in addition to received the Rainbow Resources catalog in the mail I received a book for a launch I am a part of. She is one of my favorite bloggers and has some other great books, so I am excited, plus the book being about "Small-Moment Living in a Fast-Moving World"isn't that the truth, for me personal I think this book will be like a breath of fresh air, because some days it just moves too fast and I want to enjoy every moment of it!












Pics of the week:


Aidan's VBS class, a bunch of cuties!

Abigail VBS throw back to the 80s

VBS crazy hair day
VBS PJ day

Encouraging reads this week:


I want to encourage that it’s okay not to be okay. In fact, that’s a very good place to be, when you are willing to admit it. And when you are willing to admit you need help, you can receive it. http://glynniswhitwer.com/2015/06/its-okay-not-to-be-okay/

When we dress up our pretty front porches and don’t let anyone see our dirty living rooms, our relationships stay at a superficial level. It’s impossible to have the kind of deep, authentic relationships our hearts desire if we aren’t willing to be vulnerable with other people. http://www.womenoffaith.com/2015/06/let-friends-past-pretty-porch/

God does not want us to say “yes” when we mean “no” because it means we’re not living in the truth. In other words, we’re out of alignment with His character and Kingdom. http://holleygerth.com/saying-yes-is-wearing-you-out/

Because once time is spent you cannot get it back.  It is a gift from God meant to bless you, not overwhelm you. Eliminate what is unnecessary and ask God to give you wisdom on how to order your days. He will guide your steps, bring peace,  and help restore the balance that is needed in your life. http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2015/06/4-need-to-read-warnings-about-busyness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.