Friday, June 5, 2015

Weekly Rewind and Perseverance

This has been an encouraging week in many ways!! Seeing God work in people's live, prayers  answered, and learning new things!! God is always good no matter what is going on, but it is just a cherry on top when you see it!! Really God is all around us every moment, we just need to be aware to it, which I am not always, but it is my prayer to know HIM deeply and be aware of HIM throughout my day, so that I can be a light of HIM to those around me.

With it being a new month, we have a new focus, this month's is PERSEVERANCE!! Love the reminder because some day's this is what gets me through the day! Perseverance is working hard and never giving up! Focus verse: I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me.~Philippians 4:13 When we are called to do something, we don't need to know the hows or the whys, all we need to do is trust and rely on God to get us through. I haven't always got this right, but when I do rely on HIM things go so much easier and so rewarding! So whatever it is you are facing, you have a choice, let's not give up, and instead persevere, press on with joy!!

Hard to believe it is June already, summer is here!! This week we had a couple T-ball games, family golf practice, family walks/bike rides, piano practice, played some math games with Abigail, and she signed up and started the library reading program. As always lots of outside time, my kids can not get enough of it! How about yours? Abigail and I also had a mommy and daughter date, we got our toes done! And daddy is teaching the kids to ride bikes without training wheels (that takes perseverance), they are both doing great, soon to have the hang on it! Just so you know my life isn't always so glamorous, ha!! I had to clean out the chicken coop and clean up the bathroom after my husband (so thankful he is handy) fixed our toilet after it decided to no longer work. And that is where perseverance comes in!!!

We will be joining a homeschool coop later this summer, so excited!! I visited the group a few months ago and was so impressed by the organization of it, the classes offered, and how everyone works together so well and is so encouraging and welcoming, those are all big pluses!!! This week they announced it was time to start planning for classes and for us to share ideas and submit a class we like to teach or help with. Well it just so happens I have this great latin curriculum that would work perfect for a classroom. So I signed up to teach, don't know much about latin, don't speak it, but I am excited to learn along with them. The curriculum is really great and makes it easy to teach from. I had already planned to include this in our school year anyhow for Abigail, so instead of just doing it individual we will do it with a group. I am excited for this new journey in our homeschool!!

This week we made the decision to cut our cable (due to having Netflix and Prime), though we we were having a hard time with it because we like to have our local channels and the hubs likes to watch golf and my favorite channel is HGTV. So I make that call and instead we ended up cutting our bill in half, so we keep what we have and still save money, I guess that is a win or the cable company still has us, depends on how you look at it. So want to save money but not cut out your service, call they may just give you a deal! I wonder if I can talk my cell phone guy into that also??

Currently I am in a group going through the Seamless Bible study by Angie Smith, this is a great study for the beginner or if you have been a believer and studying your Bible for a while. I am always in awe of God because He always points out something new in the text I may have missed before or something new to my eyes! Also part of an online study going through the book Heart Sisters by Natalie Chamber Snapp, you have heard me share about it before, highly recommend it for all women. I am looking forward to this online study going through the Proverbs with the Women Living Well group. Got my journal the other day!! Love to hear what you have been reading or studying in the Bible, feel free to share in the comments! 




Pics of the week:

Learning to ride bike with out training wheels! Whoohoo!


T-ball man!

Mommy and daughter toes!

My loves!

Ready for church!


Encouraging reads:


Slow down, be still. Let go. Slow down, just breathe. Still believe. You have all you need. Loved in the arms of Jesus. Be loved. And be free. 7 Things Your Soul Needs to Hear: http://www.incourage.me/2015/05/7-things-your-soul-needs-to-hear.html

”Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” –Aristotle http://sallyclarkson.com/are-christians-addicted-to-mediocrity/

The call of obedience will be inconvenient. It will interrupt our lives. It will challenge and pull us from what is comfortable and safe and send us sailing out onto the waves of faith. http://www.graceuncommon.com/when-obedience-is-inconvenient/

"God never said the journey of this life would be easy, but he did say that the arrival would be worth it!" "Remember this: God may not do what you want, but he will do what is right … and best. He’s the Father of forward motion. Trust him. He will get you home. And the trials of the trip will be lost in the joys of the feast."– Max Lucado https://maxlucado.com/read/topical/two-fathers-two-feasts/


The thing is, you’ve probably noticed, that homeschooling and parenting and homemaking are not easy ventures. They don’t stop because it’s Friday night. We don’t get to quit like Fred Flintstone when the toucan roars. Because if you’re anything like me, even when you’re not teaching math or scrubbing the tub or talking to your kids about online safety, you’re thinking about those kinds of things. You’re planning.  You’re maybe worrying just a little. So today, I wanted to share with you the beauty of the full stop. The pleasure of the Soul Fever Day. The absolute transformative power of doing nothing but what you absolutely need to do, even if it’s just for an hour or two. https://quillandcamera.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/do-you-need-a-homeschool-full-stop/


If I am to be truthful this may sum up sometimes how I might feel ….A lifestyle of home education is not for the faint of heart! There will be difficulties to face and plenty of struggles along the way. But we don’t have to let those challenges define our lives and our learning–we can face, conquer, and move on. - See more at: http://simplehomeschool.net/5-things-i-hate/#sthash.nUu4ylFm.dpuf



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.