Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Rewind ~ Grace & Journey



I have been pondering some this week on a couple things, hearing God speak to me, blessings, and planning!! God is big, He is good, He knows our weaknesses, but yet He uses us. He amazes me. I sometimes think God why me, why would you use me to teach my children or encourage someone that is struggling? I lack patience, definitely not one of my virtues (and yes I am a homeschooling mom!), I sometimes can be a little brash, but yet God still uses me! He continues to mold me and love me all the same! I am not perfect, never claim to be, though I can struggle with it. Sometimes I feel like I don't measure up, or I fail at something, but I remind myself, not one of us is perfect! His grace though is always, and HE is far more than enough. When we are weak, He is strong! So thankful for God and all HE teaches me, blesses me with, and helps me to accomplish!
Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. (1 Chronicles 28:20) - See more at: http://www.juliegillies.com/2015/07/an-big-announcement-but-first-confession.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+juliegillies%2FyOTE+%28Julie+Gillies%29#sthash.OYvsim5w.dpuf


We enjoyed our last week of no school. Next week we start back on our homeschooling journey, though learning is always an on going process. I finished up reading a great devotional book on homeschooling and it reminded me, homeschooling is a gift! Homeschooling is not a sprint but a marathon (much like anything else in life). We must pace ourselves on our journeys. Remember God never leaves us!
Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. (1 Chronicles 28:20)

Yesterday, we finally got too meet up with my husband on a train, hard to do that, as he doesn't have a schedule. The kids loved it!! Awesome to see your daddy running a big freight train!!! This week I helped the husband extend the chicken's area and add roofing, so they have more shade. The kids helped too, it is a good feeling to accomplish something together. Plus our chickens really love the extra room! In addition, a couple more have started laying!! Yay, nothing like fresh eggs!! We enjoyed another summer program at the library, watching Mr. Bond the Science Guy. Yes, I said we, as I enjoy them just as much as the kids!
My husband found a deal on a porch swing, now I am just waiting for some cooler days to sit out there and enjoy it!! It will make a great reading place! It's the simple things!!!

Pics of the week:
Our extended chicken area!

Here comes the train!!!
My hubby!! Love him!!

Train watching crew!! 
Yay, porch swing!! It's the simple things!!!


Encouraging Reads:
I never thought of courage as a spiritual gift before, but now I see how it can only be a gift coming from the Holy Spirit when I’m living in Jesus. Of course courage is a gift! http://www.incourage.me/2015/07/embrace-who-jesus-says-you-are.html
 

“Don’t be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being the same as everyone else.” Change your culture by changing the only thing you can: YOU. Here are 5 ways to start: http://www.graceuncommon.com/5-ways-to-be-different/

When we learn to take initiative, we reflect the out-reaching character of Christ. A spirit of initiative says, "I am God's and I will live my life for His glory. I will be His eyes to look out for places I might help, love or redeem, in the spirit of His initiation to me." http://sallyclarkson.com/building-a-self-image-of-leadership-a-rare-gift-to-cultivate-way-13/

I believe God is going before us and behind us and in every detail that we entrust to Him. Whether we see His hand of protection or not, whether the outcome is what we dreamed of or not, God is for us and with us. The journey is where we learn faith, hope, and trust for the destination. We are always safe, because we are His children. http://www.incourage.me/2015/07/hope-in-the-journey.html

Raising Arrows!! These arrows we carve, shape, and balance are going to journey far beyond our reach. They’re what God is going to use tomorrow. http://www.thebettermom.com/blog/2015/5/20/warrior-moms-youre-raising-arrows-link-to-free-warrior-mom-printable

For those thinking about and starting the homeschool journey http://www.ihaveafutureandahope.com/2014/12/so-you-want-to-homeschool/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.