Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Rewind~Calling

This last week I have spent some time putting the final preparations for us to be ready to start back homeschooling. The schedule is done, books are organized, have our supplies, the room is ready and I am ready, really looking forward to getting back into a routine and teaching and learning along with my children. As I reflect on what else I need to do, there isn't, I just need to put it all at the feet of Jesus and trust His plan and put Him first in our schooling, just like anything else I do. I can prepare and plan all I want, but if God isn't in it, it will not succeed! 

You know I feel, and I am not comparing, those that know me know that. I am talking about our calling to homeschool. Us homeschool mom's tend to carry extra burdens (I know I have felt this and others too). We already feel like we are going against the norm (even though homeschool has grown), we face criticism. We our wives, caretakers, homemakers, some working, and in addition teaching our children. What I am learning and what we need to remember it is our calling. We have been equipped with what is required of us and how we are to do it. It is all through God's grace. So don't let the enemy tell you otherwise. God has it. We are over-comers in Christ! So live your life worthy of your calling, whatever it may be!

Ephesians 4:1-4 TLB  ~ I beg you—I, a prisoner here in jail for serving the Lord—to live and act in a way worthy of those who have been chosen for such wonderful blessings as these. Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each others faults because of your love. Try always to be led along together by the Holy Spirit and so be at peace with one another. We are all parts of one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future.

This week we enjoyed a few family days, love it when my husband gets two days off from work, don't have to worry about the phone ringing and hearing time to go get on a train (this only happens every other week)! Part of our family time was dentist appointment, but hey we have healthy teeth at least!! We picked up some extra fencing for our chickens, they have grown and really just need more space, more freedom to roam. I like to let them free range but where we live I fear for their little lives. We plan on putting some type of roofing over it to give them a little more shade too. Yes, our chickens are spoiled, and yes they give us the most expensive eggs! My husband wants to raise meat chickens next, I told him I could not be a part of that, I just get too attached. Chickens are really cute and have unique personalities. Much like little toddlers!

Abigail enjoyed attending 4H camp yesterday, she played games, completed science experiments, learned about healthy living and made some crafts.

I was blessed with some books by a homeschool mama this week, so thankful!

Learned a good lesson this week, thanks to my mentor. Sometimes, I hesitate or wait on something I guess to make sure it is OK (that perfectionist in me). However, the Lord has already placed it on my heart, I already have that authority from Him, so instead of hesitating, I just need to act, take action, move forward! So I did that this week in an area that speaks to my heart! Already been seeing the blessing from it!! God is so good, He has it, all I need to do is walk with Him!
 
Soon we will find out what classes the kids will enjoy at coop this year. We registered last week and in the first day 150 registered, currently it is 160 and that is about the maximum they can do this year. We are excited to be a part of this coop, learning, and meeting new people! Next week is our last week of summer break and then we start back to school! So ready to get back at it!!

Pics of the week:
Beautiful night sky!


Showing what she did at 4H camp!

What happens when you get up before the chickens!
Enjoying beauty in my backyard!
 


Encouraging reads:

And once you are on the journey, if it becomes difficult that doesn’t mean you should quit. It means the Lord is bringing you closer to Him and teaching you. If it is truly a calling, it won’t be easy. We shouldn’t expect it to be. http://theendinmind.net/are-you-called-to-homeschool-your-children/

I have a few homeschool friends this goes out to! "Thank you so much for your kindness.  You have NO IDEA how much it helped!" http://www.theunlikelyhomeschool.com/2013/04/titus-2-homeschooling.html
 

You have amazing potential with your gifts, I only hope you see it. God works in very different ways through each of us. So it doesn’t matter what your neighbor is doing or your friends. It doesn’t matter what the popular bloggers are doing. Make time for your gift. Be intentional. Step out with the abilities God has specifically chosen for you. Choose to use your talents rather than bury them like so many people do. Use what you have been given to glorify Him.You were created to share your gifts with the world! http://www.incourage.me/2015/07/from-him-and-for-him.html

Love this, The Golden Hour…And mornings are just different when you're a mom. https://quillandcamera.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/making-the-most-of-the-golden-hour/

You can’t have love without truth or truth without love. They are dependent on one another. Without both- your love is built on a lie or your truth is just a law. As the Church, who loves Jesus, we must be: Unwavering and committed to the authority of God and His Word and unwavering and committed in new and beautiful ways to radically pursue, engage and love people within our churches and outside. http://www.jennieallen.com/leading-through-the-culture-wars/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.