Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Rewind~It's HOT!!

This week and next week look to be very hot days here in beautiful Kentucky, so we enjoyed some fun activities indoor this week, with a little outside time too.

So thankful for our library, we have been enjoying some great summer programs. The kids enjoyed an art event and science event this week, last weekend they enjoyed a show put on by Kentucky Down Under. Our other fun were swim lessons, the kids think it is fun, me I sat in the shade trying to keep cool and read a book, didn't get too far, my children love it just when I watch them when they are learning something new, so I didn't want to miss out on that.  More excitement here at our house happened when our chickens gave us our first eggs! We enjoy our chickens they are like pets too us, we spoil them rotten with treats and extras like watermelon and tomatoes. They are like little garbage disposals in a way, eating what we don't finish or the scraps. I like to watch my chicks, they are entertaining and a joy to watch, who would have thought! So anyhow that is the excitement in our parts, as they say in the south!

We are just 17 days away from starting school again! I am actually excited to get back in the swing of things, routines are good thing, they keep us moving and a little more organized, though I already am gifted in that area! Till then going to try and relax and enjoy these last couple weeks. I know once school starts for us, my free time is very minimal. Maybe I will have more time for writing and sharing whats been on my heart, I have lots just have not really had time to process and get it down in words to type. I know I need to spend some more time just sitting still and enjoying HIS presence around me and all the blessings He gives me. Not easy for my personality (type A, slightly OCD). However, I love it when God awes me and He has been doing that a lot lately and I want to see and feel HIM all the time. There have been answered prayers and Him showing me confirmation on things. He is awesome like that, you just need to be open to hearing from Him. He speaks in many ways! Even when it seems our world is a dark place at times, God is still good! Plus knowing how the Book ends, it is well with my soul, is it well with your soul?

Pics of the week: 





Won prizes!

First Egg
 

New golf hat of course!

Tired boy, but loving that slushy!
Encouraging reads: 


We live in a culture of certainty. We like things that are measurable, determined, and finite. We like certainty and avoid risk and failure at all costs. But that’s never worked in God’s economy. He says the last will be first and the first will be last. What makes sense here will never make sense in His eyes. Stop trying to figure it all out. Stop justifying waiting on God with not doing anything. Stop hating the middle; the middle is where we’re made. The tiny voice you hear in the silence or the nudge you feel in your spirit when you pray is telling you to keep going. Start something. Whether you know where you’re going, or the answers don’t come: GO. http://www.graceuncommon.com/when-youre-stuck-in-the-middle/


To become truly free, you must surrender. Surrender is not a popular concept. It goes against everything we think we know about being free. http://www.johnortberg.com/the-soul-needs-freedom/


Love is never wasted http://sallyclarkson.com/have-you-ever-been-disappointed-in-love-friendship-life-loving-losing/ 



What we need in our freaking-out moments, because it isn’t always the same, is it? https://quillandcamera.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/what-are-you-asking-for-when-youre-freaking-out/



"Our culture is changing at breakneck speed. The carnality of our culture, the rapid changes in religious freedoms, the number of young adults rejecting the faith of their families, and the scary violations of parental rights are enough to wake us up to the reality that we really don’t know what tomorrow holds. It’s a fresh reminder to be intentional with TODAY." http://www.heatherhaupt.com/2015/07/05/raising-daniels/
 

Pursuing excellence leads to joy and satisfaction. Pursuing perfection leads to burnout and frustration.  http://holleygerth.com/pursue-excellence-skip-perfection/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.