Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Rewind ~Responsibility

Welcome August! We started back to school this week and have a new virtue for the month~RESPONSIBILITY! We learned through our reading (In This House We Will Giggle by Courtney DeFeo), responsibility is taking care of ourselves and what God has given us! Also having a good attitude about our responsibility helps us to be thankful and the purpose meaningful! Apostle Paul reminds us that our personal responsibility matters~For each one should carry their own load. ~ Galatians 6:5
Therefore, we are to honor God in all the work He has given us to do and blessed us with! Such as, money, our time, work we do in our home and outside our home, ministry to others, and the things we have. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. ~ Colossians 3:23 
I think responsibility is a big one and it starts young. As the Bible says...Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Ours kids have certain responsibilities at home they are required to do, some of those are helping around the house or yard, and the other is keeping their rooms kept clean and things put away. Also taking care of ourselves, which I think is also important! Now my kids don't always do it happily, so we are working on that. I am guilty of this too at times, so this is good reminder for me too! 

This week was our first week back to school! I was thankful our first day back went smoothly, with new curriculum and getting back into a routine, you have to expect there might be a few bumps, but happy to say there was not. We did have a busy week, little man had preschool orientation, it is his last year and then he will be full-time homeschooling with us! I meet up with the homeschool coop moms, so I got to meet some new moms. It was a large group, so that can be a little uncomfortable for me, but hey I am stepping out of my box this year!! I rather be in a room full of books sitting peacefully, but for now and for many years I will settle for loud and unexpected life that God has given me in this season! 

Pics of the week:
Little man joining in on some school work!

First day of first grade!!

Painting done by my hubby, love his gift!!
Chalk art by the kiddos!

Encouraging reads:

The truth is that the only thing that will bring success to your homeschool is to make it about God, for God and from God. www.proverbialhomemaker.com/the-key-to-a-successful-homeschool.html

God's Word is the answer to all of our questions. http://www.simplylivingforhim.com/2015/07/a-simpler-life-less-in-not-more.html



Simplifying is biblical. The Bible talks about storing up eternal treasures and not earthly treasures. Matthew 6:20 This life isn’t forever…but our time with God will be.  We all need to reevaluate our priorities to make sure they are in line with God’s word. http://theendinmind.net/a-simplified-life/

Teenagers: So, as you are becoming a young woman devoted to the Lord, here are a few things I’ve learned on my own journey of becoming who God has called me to be, for such a time as this: http://blog.lproof.org/2013/10/ten-truths-for-the-teenage-girl-because-it-matters-who-youre-becoming.html   


Fitting in is nothing more than an attitude. A decision. And it’s perfectly possible, and often advisable, to fit in from without. http://www.freehomeschooldeals.com/when-homeschooling-means-your-kids-are-left-out/


But a fully alive woman, choosing her life, following God by faith, and delighting in who God made her to be and in the world around her, she can change the world. #longingforParis http://www.incourage.me/2015/08/fully-alive-women-will-change-the-world.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.