Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Rewind~Count down

We are counting down the days to our move, well not really, because part of me is sad to be leaving this area we have grown to love and live for four years. However, if you knew the details and how this worked out, you would see that God has His hand in this! Here, we have met some wonderful people and made some great friends. At the same time we will just be down the road about 40 minutes, so hopefully we will not become strangers and vice-versa! Then there is the excitement of meeting new people, new adventures, and the possibilities. Right now, I feel like I have one foot here and one foot there, which makes it hard to stay present in the moment. I really don't like that feeling, so that is why I will be relieved when we make the move. (Last week I did write about staying present, ack!) So pray for me, I have had some teary eyed moments (not like me), but at least no break-down, at least yet!! This week we planned out some dates, and I am thankful my parents and possibly my brother too will be coming down to help us with the move. My mom is a rock-star at unpacking and putting a kitchen together and decorating! Ryan will need some man strength, he said I could do it, but I think it be wise not to ask of me, I really don't have much strength in me and really it would not be a good marriage bonding time, ha! However, I am a packing-queen!

Yesterday, I found some time to spend with a dear friend of mine here, that is also moving away, she parts Saturday from these parts. She will be 5 hours from me which is farther then I like, but we will still be able to communicate and sometime in the future will need to make a homeschool field trip to visit. My daughter and her adore each other, the boys have fun and I love my talks with my friend. We get into some good deep conversations and she has been such a wealth of help in homeschooling. Plus we just get each other!  

This week it seemed there was an appointment to be at every day, I had a dermatology appointment to get a mole removed, this is not my first time doing this, but it is important I keep having my skin checked since I had some precancerous one's removed last year. Abigail had a check-up, we had school to do, and piano lessons today! Earlier in the week, I let Aidan's preschool know when his last day would be at school, sad about it, as we have been a part of KidsFirst for 4 years and so love it there. Abigail attended and graduated from there two years ago. Anyhow, with dates now planned out, I need to adjust some things on our schedule, one is in our homeschool, so instead of taking fall break, we will do school and then take the following week off to finish packing and moving. We may even take an additional week off if need be to take some time adjusting to our new surroundings and do some exploring. Then after that will be back to school and Aidan will be joining us, doing some preschool. I had not planned on that!! So y'all be in prayer for us, this will be a bit of an adjustment, but at the same time, I think it will be great! If I fail, well Abigail will just have to take over, just kidding. Though she loves to play teacher! So they will probably have some fun working together and helping each other out.  I have some workbooks picked out so Aidan can work on letters and sounds, coloring sheets, practice drawing and counting numbers.  Other than that he will choose then to sit in, listen, and partake in our history and science curriculum, if not then he will have a little free time to play with his tractors.

We finished week 7 here at Raising Arrows! We are reading Little Pear, cute little story about the adventures of a little Japanese boy. We learning about the animals from North America, what you would find living in the rocky mountains and prairie lands. In history, we are learning about the Egyptians in time period of 3100 BC. Abigail loves learning Latin, she thinks it is fun learning to say things in a different language. Every week we read stories about missionaries from around the world, that is probably my favorite part. It is hard sometimes to read about the persecution they faced, but to see how God worked through them and saving people it is amazing! God continues to do that work today! We are each called to share the Good News! However, I sometimes wonder if it is is easier to share about Jesus to someone who has never heard of Him or to someone that knows but has chosen not to? Ultimately God is in control and is the only one who can save us!

Pics of the week (sorry didn't take but a couple)
Abigail working on school work.

Aidan doing preschool homework.

Yes, this is what my house is starting to look like, everywhere!

Encouraging reads of the week:


There are times in your spiritual life when there is confusion, and the way out of it is not simply to say that you should not be confused. It is not a matter of right and wrong, but a matter of God taking you through a way that you temporarily do not understand. And it is only by going through the spiritual confusion that you will come to the understanding of what God wants for you. http://utmost.org/going-through-spiritual-confusion/

The next time you find yourself having a messy or difficult day, stop and ask yourself what God may want to teach you. Don’t fight it and don’t pretend it’s okay. Instead, be still, let go, and let God take over. http://theendinmind.net/homeschooling-is-messy/

Some days are those days that you need to seek a quietness. http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2015/09/gaining-quiet-perspective-in-home.html

The thing is, you’ve probably noticed, that homeschooling and parenting and homemaking are not easy ventures. They don’t stop because it’s Friday night. We don’t get to quit like Fred Flintstone when the toucan roars. https://quillandcamera.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/do-you-need-a-homeschool-full-stop/

You can do good things for God. But if those good things don’t flow from a relationship with God, discovering your purpose will feel a lot like looking for a two-legged unicorn. 7 consequences of living a hurried life. http://frankpowell.me/consequences-hurried-busy-life

There is only one gift — the one ocean of Christ that falls as rain over us in a thousand ways. Christ is the offering and salvation is the gift and repentance is what makes us recipients of grace. Christ is the gift. Christ is the bridge Home. Christ is our joy. How can I forget this, ever stop giving thanks for Him alone? Happiness is not getting something — but being given to Someone. http://www.incourage.me/2015/09/how-to-have-the-best-equation-for-a-really-good-week-a-good-life.html

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how emotional moving is. I've lived in the same place pretty much my entire life. Prayers for peace and an easy move.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.