Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Rewind ~ New beginings

Well last week was a lot of lasts and this week, we started a big new first! Since we are moving soon, and no preschool near our new place, Aidan started joining us regularly for school time, he has his own preschool curriculum. This is not something I planned this year, the plan was for him to finish out his preschool year same place Abigail did and then start with us next year. He is a bit strong-headed and gets easily distracted, but he is who God made him to be. So I was a bit apprehensive on how this would work with the both of them together. Well happy to report our first week went great! Yes our schooling days are little bit longer, but it is working out better than I thought it would! He has a want and love to learn! He just needs a little more attention then his sister and encouragement. Monday his official curriculum arrived. I decided to use Rodd and Staff preschool workbooks after researching and asking a couple homeschool mama's. His preschool teachers from his school gave us some Abeka workbooks too, so we will use these too. In addition we are using an online program for phonics, which he really likes. Already this week I have seen a big difference in his writing and coloring, he is now taking his time and staying more in the lines when coloring.

Today is our last Friday night in our home, so last Friday night movie night with the kids here! Wednesday night, I went out with some of my Jesus sista's from here for supper. So thankful to have friends that think to do something like that, it was a fun night, so needed!! Yesterday I read some of the special notes of ecnouragement they put together for me. Only reason I got them out was because satan was trying to steal my JOY, let me tell you those notes brought me instant JOY and reminder of God's truth! Last year I bought a box to use as a prayer box, though have yet to put it together, these notes are going to be a part of it! So thank you ladies for those notes, you don't realize the impact they have already made and will continue to do.

This weekend we will finish up packing, Tuesday we close, and then start the move! My parents arrive later Thursday to help us with the unloading and unpacking, so thankful gosh I don't know what I would do without them! So thankful for friends here offering to help watch kids, load, and borrow trailers or whatever we need. Definitely could not do life without my friends! Everyone needs friends like that, we have been blessed with some great one's! So thankful for God that has blessed us here while we lived in KY, and part of what makes this move not so scary is knowing that God loves me so much, and that He loves to bless us and will continue too! Yes, I have had some tears through this, but again they are happy tears because of the love and memories I have here. Plus I won't be too far away, that I can't come visit!

With that I am leaving you with a few pics of our week and some encouraging reads I came upon. You probably won't see me here on the blog for a couple weeks, due to unpacking and exploring our new area. Plus it is fall and this weather is absolutely beautiful!! Enjoy the fall days!!


Aidan's preschool scrapbook!
Working on school work!

Aidan's preschool books arrived for homeschool!
Golf fun!
 

Aidan, loves barns.
Celebrating with some of my Jesus sista's!
Encouraging Reads:
No doubt about it, homeschooling is a long, arduous journey that requires many years. But God intended home and family to be a place of great blessing and joy. Homeschooling should be organic, an extension of home life. http://sallyclarkson.com/the-secret-of-homeschooling-with-life-grace-and-excellence-part-1/

I can feel the rhythm within me turning toward restfulness again. I let out a sigh of relief. http://holleygerth.com/when-were-in-a-hurry/



God has a lot to say about what he thinks about us — a whole Bible full. But if we could summarize it in a short space, here’s how it might sound http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-god-thinks-about-you
I would rather live in the Valley of Wait with Jesus than journey through life on my own. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/living-in-the-valley-of-wait/

The value of a life is always measured by how much of it was given away http://courtneydefeo.com/the-secret-to-happiness/

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your prayer box was just waiting for those notes! You will be blessed and I am excited to hear how God moves in TN with our family. Selfishly, I wish you could stick around, but that wouldn't be fair to those that God has plans for you to cross their paths. I'm so glad that He put us on a path to cross because I know my life is blessed because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I feel the same way about you!! Glad we will still be seeing each other weekly at co-op!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.