Friday, October 30, 2015

It's Friday and I am writing and sharing!!

Trying to get back into a somewhat normal routine hasn't worked so well, yes we did our school work for the week, attended our regular activities, co-op and piano. Normally I like to write a Friday rewind before the school week is over, that didn't happen, close though. So maybe we just won't be having Friday rewind around here anymore, instead I will get to it, when I get to it! As it is not high on my to do list, however I do enjoy it, it is somewhat therapeutic, and I like to look over what we did in a week. However, I have to give praises to God placing us in a new church, so not planned, but I couldn't deny the "coincidences"! I put that in quotes, because I don't believe in coincidences, I believe they are God-planned or God-coincidences! Anyhow, we have had a fun busy exciting week!! Church, school, co-op, piano, and friends over for supper!! Counting my blessings!!!

We finished up week 10 in our new schoolroom! I love our new area, more space and windows. Oh you can't imagine the difference seeing the sunlight come in does! This week we made some scarecrows, did our 3 R's...math, language arts and I have to share we enjoyed reading Owls In The Family, so much that I love to have an owl as a pet. In history we have been learning about the early Egyptians and science about animals that live in Europe. Our focus verse this week was Deuteronomy 6:4, and we finished up our month's virtue: service=using our hands, feet, and hearts to honor God and love others. Next month, is my favorite calendar month-November, because it's a beautiful time of year here in the southern states and it is Thanksgiving!! Our virtue for November is gratitude=so many reasons to be thankful! And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.~Colossians 3:17 

For me personally, I have enjoyed getting back into reading. It was hard to find time during our moving process, but now that we are settled I am gaining back some of my personal time! Oh how I have missed it and oh how needed it is!! I am continuing to work my way through Beth Moore's Bible study~Children Of The Day, which I started with my Wednesday class at my previous church and because it spoke to me so much, I have continued doing it on my own. Plus it has become my favorite study of hers and probably all since I started doing Bible study years ago! Just so much truth is shared in the study and so relevant to what we Christians are being faced with daily! To be honest I struggle at times in my faith, but this study has really helped me to lean into God and trust HIM. Something I needed this year, as this year I have faced a lot of changes.

So what else am I reading....
  • In This House, We Will Giggle by Courtney DeFeo, this is where I get our monthly virtues from.
  • Teaching From Rest~A Homeschooler's Guide To Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie. I just adore her blog and video's, plus the title of the book is what grabbed my attention. 
  • Girl Meets Change~Truths To Carry You Through Life's Transitions by Kristen Strong. Well because this has been the year of change for me!

Share with me what your reading or your favorite books! Really I have too many favorite's! It's the book-lover, geek in me!

Another must share, I received my 2016 planner and I am in love with the cover I picked, because it's all about the LIGHT!!!  The light is JESUS!! When we keep our eyes on Jesus, the darkness leaves this world and the light shines! So maybe I will have a theme in 2016~LIGHT! 







Pics of the week:

She decided to have crazy day at school one day this week! Learning is fun!
In our new school room!
Not sure she can pull of being scary!
My pumpkins with their pumpkins!
Yep she is hard at work, with the new vacuum perfect for her!
First catch in the pond, might need to let that fish grow a little more!
Love the sunset from my front porch!


Encouraging reads of the week:

For those struggling with anxiety, this is a good read. Anxiety gets its power from our obedience to it. Let’s give God his power back in our lives. Let’s live our lives with God’s power and tools. http://comfyinthekitchen.com/2015/07/living-life-with-gods-power-and-tools/
 

Believe it, friend! Our good Father and His infinite mercy are beyond our understanding. Maybe that's why He renews them daily. http://winsomewoman.blogspot.com/2015/10/i-think-one-of-most-wonderful-truths.html

My life's focus Journey Of Faith, so this was an excellent read for me....But that “working together” is a process. It’s a journey. And the real victory for us comes in how we walk it out. http://tooverflowing.com/why-we-can-trust-god-with-the-journey/



This concept of “less, done well” is more about tuning our children’s hearts than anything else. The goal is to savor. And love. And be. And what could be a better means of education than that? http://amongstlovelythings.com/less-done-well/#

1 comment:

  1. I've just started Teaching from Rest also, I really enjoy her. I appreciate your blog and all that you share each week. Thanks for the reference back to Comfy in the Kitchen, I used to read that and somehow stopped, but that post really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.