Friday, October 23, 2015

Unroutine...

OK I think I probably made that word up "unroutine", but it is fitting to what the last couple weeks have been for us! You know what I actually enjoyed it, well expect for the hard work of moving and unpacking, but it created a newness in me! This week, I was planning to get back into a somewhat normal routine of schooling here, but it didn't happen, I decided I need a rest, a time to refresh and enjoy my new surroundings. I have been enjoying many sunsets and sunrises at our new place, love being surrounded by God's beauty, it seems to be everywhere, and well it is, sometimes we just forget to look for it. Yes, yesterday we did go to co-op, it is a much longer drive, but worth it! The kids enjoyed time with friends and learning new things and I enjoyed seeing some of my peeps. Abigail started back doing piano lessons and today we are headed to meetup with some of the local homeschool peeps to a pumpkin patch!
What I have learned is I don't always need to live by a schedule or a routine, though I know they are very beneficial, but sometimes you just have to be free of them, free to wander, free to explore, and free to enjoy living to the fullest. God loves us and desires for our hearts to enjoy the life HE has given us. So do not for one minute think that you can't enjoy your life, because you think you do not deserve it, because you do!

Pics of the week:




Zeke enjoying exploring!
My egg collector!
No excuses now, it is in our home!
My butterfly and batman, ready for some Halloween fun!
Inspiring reads:




Why you need to plan a Teacher Institute Day https://quillandcamera.wordpress.com/2015/10/19/teacherinstitute/

 
Do you know what your kids need most of all? You! Being who you are and nothing more. That means skipping those assignments in the instructor’s guide that just don’t feel right, instead following the spark of life, energy, and laughter that bring joy and learning to your family’s days. http://simplehomeschool.net/jamies-biggest-mistake/

“But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one . . . May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.” 2 Thess. 3:3-5
Without His Spirit protecting, guiding, and making us holy through the process, all would be in vain. http://www.incourage.me/2015/10/moving-boxes-and-something-worth-fighting-for.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.