Friday, November 6, 2015

It's November, my favorite month! Thankfulness!

It's the weekend!! I am thankful it is the weekend, it was a long week of school in our home, a lot was learned and there were some challenges, but we finished another week!! We had fun at coop this week, next week is our last coop class till after the New Year, when a new semester will start. Actually I am looking into one closer to us, so we may be switching. It is something I been thinking about a lot this week and praying about. If we switch, I will miss seeing my Kentucky peeps weekly, those have been my people for the last few years and I love them dearly, but the travel is longer and it makes it harder to participate in extra things there. I would love to meet some local peeps and I know the kids would too. Plus I can't help but think that God has a bigger purpose then I am seeing right now.

This week I had two dear friends of mine text me and ask me how can I pray for you this week. I can't tell you what that means to know I have people thinking about me and also want to pray for me. Talk about encouragers, I just adore encouragers, I try to be one! This is exactly what we all need to do for one another, check in with each other. (1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another...) It reminds me of a question a friend would ask weekly, my past Sunday school teacher ~ What has God done in your life this week or where have you seen God at work this week? For me when I am paying attention and not distracted by my to do's or needs of my children, I see and hear Him clearly. This week, I have seen Him at work in several people in my life and situations. My prayer, Lord always help me to be present and aware of your daily presence in my life! Let me be a light in this world, to those around me. I may not make a big imprint, but any little sharing of His light, makes a big imprint!

Finally the beautiful month of November has arrived, my favorite time of the year! Cool crisp days, starry nights, reminders of thankfulness every where! I don't like the early darkness, but it does help me wind down earlier! Which is helpful since I have a little early riser. #‎countyourblessings‬ ‪#‎Thanksgiving2015‬ ‪#‎journeyofFaith‬

I finished up the Beth Moore study Children of the Day, kind of sad about it, because it is sooooo good!! I have learned so much through this study, here are a few of them....
"The next person we meet could become one of the dearest people in our lives." This was so needed, since we moved and it takes me a while to open up to people and it seems like I finally was getting comfortable with my girls in Kentucky, then we move!
"We are not to stay same but to be worked on by God." I am sometimes stubborn, but God knows this and He has definetly worked on me!
"If you study you will have so much freedom." Let's walk with HIM! Let's know HIM!
"Believers in Christ cannot be both lazy and spirit-led!" BOOM!
"Woe is me, to WOW is GOD!" AMEN
"When we pray it will have an affect!" Another AMEN
"Who would you be if you loved Jesus with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength?" Wow I just loved that thought provking question.
"We were created for community. We thrive in healthy intimacy. We have to give fully to create the space to receive fully." So agree!! "We were meant to put ourselves out there for people. An earthy cause is nothing without a people it affects." Not always easy, but God didn't put us on this earth for ourselves, He put us here with a purpose, to do! Let's carry out the ministry the Lord gave us.
"For not all have faith, but the Lord is faithful." 2 Thes. 3.3 ESV ~ She calls this a 10-word instant upturn!

Pics of the week:


We found the golf range!
Birdhouse is up at our new home, thanks to my hubby!
Exploring the local park!
 

When in Paris...

Encouraging reads of the week:


I am choosing to live because it matters. It matters to God, it matters to my family, and it matters to me. I want to enjoy life, and God, and His people, and the glory all around me. And when I do that, I am in a soul-alive place where I can help others. Yea, it matters. http://sarahmae.com/2015/04/choosing-to-wake-up-to-my-own-life/

This is good news…Yet the mess is necessary for the beauty to happen http://holleygerth.com/mess-can-mean-progress/

Oh this is good, maybe it’s because I am a fan of Charlie Brown… “His story reminds me not to run so fast away from failure, disappointment, and embarrassment, but maybe to walk bravely through it and discover what might be waiting on the other side.” http://emilypfreeman.com/hero-for-the-soul/

I DON’T HAVE TO, I GET TO. From Have to Get. One Word! This simple perspective shift needs to be our war cry. http://www.incourage.me/2015/11/my-one-word-vocabulary-shift.html

A good, good-bye!~ We can leave with gratitude for lives shared, for meals eaten together, for places visited. And ultimately, we can leave with gratitude to the Giver of all good gifts, “who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.” {1 Timothy 6:17} http://www.incourage.me/2015/11/gratitude-the-key-to-the-good-goodbye-by-courtney-lynn-harris.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.