Friday, November 13, 2015

Season, scheduling and what I am learning!

This week I have noticed, most of the leaves from the trees have dropped, makes me kind of sad to see the trees go bare, especially after seeing such vivid beautiful colors the last few weeks. However it reminds me of seasons of life, how there is beauty in the mess or beauty in the ugly or the bare trees! There is always beauty to be found, sometimes just harder to see, but it is there, so we must open our hearts, even though that is hard sometimes, especially when we feel uncertain about things or alone. However, if we just open them up, you will start to see the beauty and then you will feel the JOY in it! So in this season of fall turning to winter, let's look for the beauty in the season and let's share that with each other! Which brings me to this encouraging post and hymn:

No matter the season of life, this truth remains: The world can never extinguish the Light. http://www.incourage.me/2015/11/the-changing-of-the-seasons-by-stacy-sanchez.html
by Ruth Haley Barton For everything there is a season…
Sometimes on the Sabbath
all you can do is
settle into the soft body of yourself
and listen to what it says.
Listen to
the exhaustion that is deeper than tiredness
the hunger that is for more than food
the thirst that is for more than drink
the longing for comfort that is more than physical.
On the Sabbath
body and soul reach out for time of a different sort
time that is full of space rather than activity:
time to watch the burning bush in your own back yard…
the movement of the wind among bare branches…
the last leaf that clings to the branch before its final letting go.
Letting go is hard,
letting go of that which no longer works
that which no longer brings joy and meaning
that which is no longer full of life.
It seems cruel
That something that used to be so beautiful
should fall to the ground
sinking into the earthy mud along with everything else that is dying,
no longer recognizable for what it used to be.
It seems cruel but it is the way of things.
One generation gives its life for the next.
One season slips away so another can come.
One crop of fruit falls from the tree so that more can be borne.
One wave recedes while another gathers strength
to crash upon the shore.
It seems cruel
but it is the rhythm of things
And rhythm has its own beauty.


What have I learned this week, sometimes you have to chuck the schedule, though I didn't learn that till after the fact this week. It probably would have saved some tears early in the week. I have to remember God has given me these kids and that HE knows their future and is in control of it, so it is OK sometimes to just let go of the homeschool schedule and trust Jesus's schedule! Now this will be hard for me, because I love organization, planning and scheduling. It is going to be a process, but I know this will be so beneficial for not only me, but my children, and family. Also what else have I learned, that smaller sometimes is better and is what we need in life! It makes for deeper connection and greater learning!

We had visitors this week, we always enjoy visitors, and the kids love spending time with their grandparents. We had fun time catching up, enjoying the beautiful weather, and mama enjoyed a few extra hands with the kids :) In addition today we will complete another week of school, will be finishing up Henry Huggins and learning about animals in Asia. We worked on manners, as those were our latin words we studied this week. Yesterday was our last co-op day for the semester, I can't believe how fast that went buy. We had lots of fun this semester and enjoyed meeting new people and learning new things.

A few snapshots this week and favorite quotes/verses this week:
Operation Christmas Shoeboxes, one of our favorite missions to do.
My sweet in-laws sharing the couch with our tired out dog!
This dog, my reading buddy at night. A dog's life! It's hard work taking care of a mini farm!
Finished up most my Christmas shopping this week and the cards I made arrived, I am super impressed with myself!
Count your blessings, Thanksgiving 2015!
Inspiring reads of the week:


“Poetry and prayer are closest kin. In poetry, we say it; in prayer, we become what we say.” {Eugene Peterson} http://www.incourage.me/2015/11/the-one-whisper-god-longs-to-make-new-in-you.html

I wake up cranky. Sometimes all of us wake up cranky. Or tired. Or out of sorts for one reason or another. So when to filibuster? https://quillandcamera.wordpress.com/2015/11/12/just-filibuster-my-strategy-for-the-hardest-mornings/

Oh I just love this from my friend, need to incorporate this into our week, I think it save us some days…Poetry Tea Time https://storyland4.wordpress.com/2015/11/11/re-poetry-tea-passion/

Loving this book and her weekly show, great for all teachers… http://amongstlovelythings.com/tfr-club-2/

Poetry & Pie Party...in songs, in Scripture, in television commercial jingles, in the narrative of some of our favorite children's books (Cat in the Hat, anyone?), in nursery rhymes, and on and on... http://www.theunlikelyhomeschool.com/2015/11/poetry-pie-party-igniting-passion-for.html

2 comments:

  1. We are hoping to get involved with the Operation Shoe Boxes too! Such a great program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love picking out the items, making a card and praying over the boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.