Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Choose JOY

I am blessed to partake in a great book launch for Choose Joy, Finding Hope and Purpose When Life Hurts by Sara Frankl and Mary Carver. I finished up this book quickly, because it is such a good book and hard to put down. Sara had a great way of choosing joy and she shared it for us! #choosejoybook

The focus throughout this book is to choose joy no matter what. I loved reading about Sara's life. This is a gal who didn't give up, even when she was in the worst of circumstances with her disease. She was able to praise and thank God through it all, while putting others before her needs. She had a gift of making others feel loved. What a great way to live and share the light of Jesus! You could feel through her words how much she trusted God and HIS plan for her life.

Sara is from a town close to my home state. She was raised on a farm in Iowa. Loved her family, writing, and singing in church. While in college she was involved in a car accident which activated a gene in her that caused ankylosing spondylitis and also had leukopenia. She entered the gates of heaven at age of 38. To which I will say she lived her life to the fullest despite being confined and in serve pain, along with many other medical issues. She choose to trust God through it all and was filled with gratitude, hope, and joy. She touched thousands of lives through her blog http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com/

My focus this year is on habits and softening, so this book was a great read. She talked about habits in a part of the book. She said "Habit Makes Able". Habits made her able to do most things. Her habit was saying yes to people who needed something. Sara said "She was in habit of believing if I continue to step out in faith, that God will put what I need in front of me. That He will line my path with the abilities and confidence that I am lacking." Oh she is so right, what a great reminder and use of habits. 

In the chapter about Giving Up and Letting Go, she talked about expectations and goals. She had to realize and learn to let go of the plans she had and trust God with the plans HE had for her. So she focused on finding a "new normal in the midst of the chaos and see blessings in tragedies". She came up with life goals. Goals that lived through her spirit. And yes, I agree with her, we should all come with a list, a reminder of what is most important in our life and focus on living the life God has given us.
Sara's life goals:
1. To not be ashamed to stand before God.
2. To fulfill God's plan by living the best life I can with what I am given.
3. To be aware and present in every moment.
4. To love what I have and not yearn for what I lack.
5. To spread the joy, not the fear.
6. To be intentional in all things.

Her life goals helped her to stay focused, choosing the right steps and seeing the blessing around her. They encouraged me so much I am working on my own list.

Sara till the end always choose joy, she chose to find it in the small, everyday simple things of life, not just the big things. She shared the many things she was grateful for and she was able to find that through faith. She never once blamed God or complained what happened to her. She knew that God never told us life would be easy if we were faithful. He told us to just be faithful and God is too! It's about whom God designed her to be and live that. Oh what a wise girl full of light. I would have loved to have met her, but am thankful to have read the book about her and gain from, choose JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.