Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas is coming, two more Fridays and our week in review!

Jesse Tree=Jesus is our ladder!
Wow can you believe just two more Fridays and Christmas is here!!! I am ready and excited!!! I am excited to watch my children's faces when they open their gifts and let me tell you, our tree is full underneath, due to our out of state family sending gifts to spoil our children! The hubs and I keep it simple, buy something they need, something they want, and something educational. Santa brings them one gift and a stocking full of little things, like art supplies, books, and candy! We will soon start our 12 days of Christmas count down in addition to our the Jesse tree which we started December 1st.
Today we are heading out with our homeschool coop for a Christmas party to make ornaments out at the nature center. We have our church Christmas party and a parade downtown to attend this weekend, can't wait, love the season of Christmas, the spirit that goes with it and the meaning of the coming of Christ!

We finished week 16 of schooling this week, next week will be our last week of school for the year! We got a little behind in our reading of Understood Betsy and not because we don't enjoy, it is a great story so far. However, due to Christmas books and the beautiful weather we are having. Spelling words were a little challenging this week, but she mastered them by the end of the week! Aidan is mastering the letter sounds, we struggle a bit in writing, but he is making a great effort! We did finish up our learning about the early history of the Egyptians and are now onto learning about the Greeks. I am enjoying learning about this as we go along, something I wish I would have paid attention to in school. So one of the benefits of homeschooling, I also get to relearn or learn new things! Yesterday, we had a nice long visit with one of our friends, while her hubby helped fix a small problem we had. The kids got to play and us mama's enjoyed some adult time. Love the flexibility homeschool allows us, time with our friends and family.

SNAPSHOTS:
Did a little baking last weekend, cinnamon sugar pecans!
Playing Latin memory card game, this girl is good!
Aidan playing a little golf!
Reading snack time!
Doing a science experiment with ice cubes.
Went Christmas light gawking, but first had to have sushi. This little man loves edamame!
Playing with Abby!
Ready for her piano recital!
Beautiful sunset this week at our casa, love seeing God at work!
New book review!!!
My awesome hubby, made me a bulletin board for our office!
Good reads:

I so agree with her https://monicanicolehall.wordpress.com/2015/12/05/women-we-need-to-repent/

The world we live in is a broken and fallen world.  And it is for this reason that Jesus, the Messiah, willingly chose to step down from heaven.  He left His throne so He could redeem the lost.  To save us from ourselves.  To give us an abundant life.
But God also gave us free will.  Some have chosen to accept God’s free gift of grace through the blood of Jesus Christ and others have chosen to reject Him.  It’s a simple decision, really.  You’re either for Christ or against Him. http://joleneengle.com/the-issue-isnt-guns-its-sin/

This is our challenge and this is our call. To love one another… http://www.dailydwelling.com/love-one-another-printable/


When my little girl told me, “Your hands are full!” I was so thankful that she already knew what my answer would be. It was the same one that I always gave: “Yes they are—full of good things!” http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/motherhood-is-a-calling-and-where-your-children-rank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.