Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday~happenings and encouragement!

Last week was freezing cold and snow and today sunny and 60's. I can not complain, loving my southern weather today!!! So today for school-time, our learning will take place outside!!

We had another great triumph in school this week, well you may not think it is but for the first time this week Aidan wrote his name legible!! I did not think I had it in me to teach him in his preschool years, but the Lord knew otherwise. So not only am I not super proud of him, I am thankful for the opportunity to teach him. Of course, I have my moments with his crazy antics, his need to take a part and yes sometimes break things, eeek!! I know it will serve him well as he gets older, this boy is teaching me so much! Also, those are minor in comparison to how he makes me smile, his thoughtfulness to help, his sweetness, and how hard he works on his school work. You see if I can homeschool, you can too! So please don't use the excuse, I could never. Because you can, with God anything is possible!

When we think we are failing or struggling with something, we need to remember yes God! We believers have the ability, we just have to be obedient and trust, though that in itself is not always easy. When I have those moments, it helps to know the Word, remind myself of His truths, pray, and ask those God has placed in my life for encouragement or help. He didn't put us here on this earth to do it alone. That seems to be my theme this year with the books I am reading, about building a place of belonging, friendships, community, and kindness (which by the way is not the same as niceness, as I am reading in Love Kindness).

In the book Better Together, Jill Savage talks about not being self-centered, but others-centered! How to be like Jesus with skin on. Nobody should go through life alone, so we are to take notice, pay attention to how to care for someone else.

In the book Life Giving Home, "Give foundations of strength and inspiration to these precious ones, but give them wings as well. Prepare them to take risks, to live by faith, so that they can take the messages and cherished values they learned at home and share them with a hurting world." Seriously, this needs to be my mission, as a homeschooling mom!! (I have been working on a mission for our home, and this book has helped me to see what it is.)






A couple snapshots this week:

Math drills!
Encouraging reads:
Having hope in God brings an endless flow of emotional strength to make it through each day. http://womenlivingwell.org/2016/01/never-lose-your-hope-in-god/

Christianity and all that it entails is not just about getting from point A to point B. It’s not even about doing “God’s work.” It is completely and totally and forever about Jesus. http://intentionalbygrace.com/make-know-ways/
Great reminder, I get wrapped up in homeschooling, to do’s and trying to do it all…So today, let’s do something. Let’s walk away from it all, for a day, and remember what’s truly important. http://kaysepratt.com/2016/01/the-one-thing-our-kids-need-from-us.html
It is still a struggle for me. But I'm thankful for the battle, because it keeps me coming back to God, clinging to Him, focusing my mind and heart on what I know is True. http://www.thebettermom.com/2016/1/6/worry-is-ongoing

It’s my job to prepare my kids for life and the future. And if I turn everything they think is hard into an easier road, I haven’t done either. http://wearethatfamily.com/2016/01/why-i-wont-give-my-kids-an-easy-life/

Are you an HSP, this will be helpful, especially if you also homeschool. http://simplehomeschool.net/highly-sensitive-parent/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.