Friday, January 15, 2016

Mid-January peak and encouragement!

Wow it is mid-January already! We survived our first snow here in Tennessee this last weekend. I am not much of a snow lover, having lived in the north for 30 years is about all the winter weather a girl needs in her life. However, my kids are a different story, they love it and cold weather! Go figure, they were both born in Texas!

The hubs and I both passed our Tennessee handgun permit class with flying colors! It was a fun class!! I'll admit I was a bit anxious before the class, being in a room full of strangers and all (and yes I did douse myself in stress-away EO right before, so that helped). It was a huge class, 40 of us, so if that tells you something! So this week, the kids and I had a couple extra errands than normal. First going to the divers license office to pay for permit fee and get my snapshot. Next was fingerprinting. Oh the things my kids learn on these adventures. It all went smoothly and soon I should have my TN permit, all in time before my Kentucky one becomes voided. A girl has to be safe and protected!

This week we completed week 19 and oh how I love checking off a completed week of school! We had a great week, even had a poetry tea time this week and one morning the kids decided to play a game before school. Hey how can I say no! We started a new read-a-loud, Mountain Born and we just love it. We finished Understood Betsy, it was a long book but a great story. I love seeing Abigail put together the history she is learning. We are study around the 1500-600 BC era about the Greeks, Assyrians, Egyptians. Very interesting, it makes the Bible come alive even more then it already is, when you study them side by side! History was not one of my favorite subjects in school, but it is now! I see how important it is and how it all comes together. If more people studied history, I don't think our country would be in as much trouble as it is in. So homeschooling not only benefits the child, it benefits the parents! This week the kids and I also took some time to gather items in our house we don't need or use to donate to a needy organization, that always feels good. This is something I am looking at doing more with the kids this year, finding ways to give back and serve together, to share the love! Not only that, it is of utmost importance to help and serve others. Jesus gave us that great example and freedom to do so, it's mentioned many times throughout the Bible and to be able to do it is a blessing.

I picked up some new reads this week, that I am excited to start reading this weekend: The Fringe Hours (only 1.99 right now), Money Making Mom, How To Teach Your Kids Shakespeare, and Habits: The Mother's Secret to Success (only .99 right now)

Lord this week there has been much sickness, depression and worry among people I know. I deal a bit with anxiety at times, so I do have a few things on my heart. However, I do know and trust the ONE that all the needs will be done according to His will and also that your light will shine through each of these situations. Lord may we continue to grow in our faith and encourage one another and share your great light here on earth! Verses to focus on: John 8:12~Jesus said "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."and 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

Don't forget to enter in for this give-away, it's a great story! I will have more reviews and other give-aways in the near future that I am also excited about!!! http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2016/01/captive-movie-review-and-give-away.html

Pics of our week:
Aidan working hard, mastering numbers!
Game-time before school!


Poetry time!
Proud of my kiddos working so hard on their school work!
My family and our first Tennessee snow!
Redneck sledding!
Pretty snow view from my back yard!
Encouraging reads:
So, don’t let anyone tell you that following Jesus will be easy. Don’t believe for a second that being a Christian should be easy. To which I will add, BUT it will be worth it!! http://wearethatfamily.com/2016/01/dont-let-anyone-tell-you-it-will-be-easy/

Just yesThe most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. http://elitedaily.com/life/nicest-people-suffered-most/1299120/

Being a wife and mother is not just something we ARE; it’s something we DO. http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2016/01/motherhood-its-not-just-something-i-am.html

Maybe you’re wondering if what you’re doing matters in the long run. http://joyfilleddays.com/are-you-accomplishing-anything-for-god/

Life is unpredictable and it’s impossible to know what the next twelve months will bring. But the one thing I can control, the one thing I can count on, is how I respond no matter how many dreams come true – or not; how many goals I meet – or don’t; how many resolutions I keep – or break. http://theartofsimple.net/the-one-question/
 

So needed this message, as I tend to get anxious….Walk by faith. Live by faith. Don’t miss out. Don’t waste a single moment. http://www.incourage.me/2016/01/dont-miss-out.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.