Saturday, February 13, 2016

Faith is a journey

God is so good, always! This year I have got back into the habit of reading my Bible daily and writing scripture. I let life distract me from time with God, which is so important. Why because time spent with HIM is not wasted, I will better understand and hear from Him. His Word helps me to deal with life better, because with Him is the presence of joy and good things. Through this journey I am letting His Word imprint on my heart and mind, because I know many times my feelings are not true and my mind tries to run things.

Today in my devotion in the Journey To The Cross, reminded me of that truth! You see when I am not keeping my eyes on Jesus and His truth, I will struggle at times, Lord am I doing this right, am I enough. Lord are you there.... Well through HIS Word and HIS Love, HE has insured me that HE is always there. HE reminds me daily through HIS ways, HIS presence in creation, and through HIS people! You know what is really cool, my name is imprinted on HIS palm (is yours, it is if you are a believer in Christ), I am a child of God! That is way better than any other title I can hold!

I did not join as a believer until my later 20s, so sometimes I wonder if I was late for the party and feel behind, but HE insures me I am not, HIS timing is always perfect! The gospel of Jesus does not discriminate against when or how you got here. It only calls you to come as you are. Don't worry what you have missed or whether or not your doing it right. Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

For the times I have strayed off course, HE calls me to repent and run to the cross. God loves me (and you too) more than you know! Oh how HE loves us, love was given to us from Him! We believers are set free in Christ! Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 
   
Let's join with God's people and journey to the cross, fix your eyes on Jesus our brave Savior, the ONE and only! The gospel is deeper than you can imagine. It is life changing! We can endure and trust! We have the hope and strength to keep our faith strong, so we can stay on course!  Hebrews 12:1-3 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 

God transforms and I am truly thankful He does, because when I am weak God is there, He has changed me and continues to, because I can be stubborn at times. His ways are truly glorious! Jesus Christ is my perfecter, how freeing is that! God's Word is truth, so simple, we don't have to wonder!

This Word is what we need to meditate on, if we are going to let HIM transform us
P.S. I know people out there that do not believe and it breaks my heart. We live in a lost world, a world that is walking away from Truth. Satan loves to deceive people. I pray for those and hope that they will find The Way before it is too late. One day Jesus is coming back for us, will you be ready? If you can't answer that, I am here for you to help share His Truth.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.