Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Gift of Friendship~Stories That Celebrate The Beauty of Shared Moments book launch

Today this beautiful book releases!!! What a blessing it is to be a part of Dawn Camp's new book launch for The Gift of Friendship. This book is beautifully written, from various authors, bloggers, and friends that share their stories of friendship. The pictures and quotes throughout this book are inspiring!

Through reading this book I share similar stories as some of these ladies did, some of theses stories made me laugh with them, while others I was shedding tears because sometimes we don't realize the value of friendship means to a person.

Having moved several times, I have been in many seasons where I felt like I was leaving behind some of the closest friends and wondering will I ever have friends like that again, but God has always been faithful in providing me with the friendships I needed. Maybe you are in a season where you are seeking friendships, this book will encourage you through that process, it will give you the courage to go forth knowing there are people out there that need you to encourage them, share your story, so they can then say oh me too. God doesn't want to see anyone left out, He created us to journey together.  I know sometimes friendships fail, people get hurt, none of us are perfect, I know I have been there and walked it, but if I had given up, I would have missed out on so many blessings.

I loved what Jennifer Dukes Lee shared in the foreword of this book "We need our people. We need friends standing in our corner, cheering us on, believing in us. We need listening ears, sharers of inside jokes, keepers of secrets." 

The stories in this book will leave you encouraged. This a book to share with your friends. This book touches on nine areas, which are important part of being a friend: Building Community, It takes a friend to be a friend, Pursuing friendship, Hospitality, Friendship on purpose, What I learned about friendship from my family, Vulnerability, Making a difference, and Old friends.

To find out more about this lovely book, check out Dawn Camp's web-site: http://myhomesweethomeonline.net/book

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.