Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday review and encouragement from the week!

Loved this from The Art of Simple
I have been dealing with a bit of spring fever this week, well all of us have!! Which means enjoying outside walks and catching sunsets. I just love the time change, though my body has not yet recovered from the loss of sleep due to the change. Thankful for coffee!
Great reminder!
I haven't been writing as much lately on my blog and some of you may have noticed that. I can tell you my two journals I use weekly are full. This is the place I write Bible verses, quotes, take Bible study notes, important dates, prayer and blessing list. For me blog writing isn't one of my top priorities, gosh not even on my top 10 list, mostly because of time and other very important things in my life that God has called me to do.


My family needs me first, so that has to take precedent over everything. So I try not to over load our schedule and make best yeses and no's. Plus homeschooling two kids, which I consider a blessing and honor to do. The kids have activities, house management~as I prefer to call it, family time, and church which I am thankful to be a part of one that shares truth, encourages one another and loves the Lord deeply. Also, mama needs rest and to be outside enjoying God's creation and I haven't been doing a good job of that. Rest for me is quiet time, reading good books and Bible study. So, I realize this is a season where I may be needing to step back some from writing. I hope to still post a weekly or hopefully weekly, some snapshots and encouragement, along with sharing good book reviews and give-aways when I have those available to you. I only share about 10% of what I read, you may want to thank me, ha! Really it comes down to doing what God has for me, keep doing good, to do HIS will and trust HIS results. Plant seeds! Galatians 6:9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.


Encouraging reads of the week:
If God were to do all that, would you have the insolence to say to Him, “God, You haven’t done enough for this world that hates You”? http://www.ligonier.org/blog/has-god-done-enough/
In light of biblical stewardship, care of self and others, and the pursuit of holiness, we ought to be driven to consider our media intake with the utmost care. There is far too much at stake to not do so. https://tifwe.org/media-hindering-holiness/
Stay the course, be faithful, find a way to rest, to become encouraged http://sallyclarkson.com/will-i-ever-fit-in-probably-not-a-new-podcast/
This is just another reason I homeschool.  http://www.centerforlit.com/blog/2016/1/11/just-another-reason-i-homeschool-a-meditation-on-jayber-crow
Our habits are windows into the deep things of our souls. “Character,” Michael Horton says, “is largely a bundle of habits.” http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/how-your-habits-show-and-shape-your-heart 
We are all a wild mix of beautiful and broken. Shattered and whole. Weak and strong. We are beloved daughters of a God who treasures us more than we know. He sees us as we are and fiercely loves us still–let’s dare to do the same for ourselves and each other. http://holleygerth.com/wild-broken-beautiful/
One of the reasons we homeschool!

Snapshots of the week:
Yum, yum chocolate cookie!!
Enjoying a beautiful pre-Spring day!
Ready for St. Patrick's Day!
Caught a new calf and mama cow on our evening walk!
Beauty in darkness!
Building,lego and lincoln log fun!
The hubs caught a little fish in the pond! Zeke checking it out!
Amazing sunset by our Creator!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.