Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Having a Martha Home the Mary Way!

OK ladies, who here struggles with trying to do it all, which includes housework? I sometimes feel like I am failing at trying to juggle it all. That is definitely satan attacking me, I am aware of that! What I have learned is that sometimes you just have to say no, and people over things all the time! I have recently been reading through a new book that was just released by author Sarah Mae, titled Having A Martha Home The Mary Way. This is not just a book about cleaning. It is a book that is so much more, it is about having a satisfied soul in the midst of all the things we as moms do. I am a person that relates more to Martha, I am a get it done person, I have a hard time sitting like Mary did, but I know it is something I need to do. I need that time to sit, to ponder like she did, to be in the presence of our Lord! Now Martha is not wrong, we still need to be responsible and do things, but we also need to be Mary too. So we need to be both! This book helped me to see that. If you are looking to cultivate the art of "gentle homemaking", trusting God in your weakness and keep moving in faith, loving others and creating peace in the mess of everyday living, this is a book for you!! Now this book isn't going to change, you, but it will show you scripture, help you to dig deeper, ultimately it is letting our Lord transform us as it says is Isaiah 64:8 O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand. 


This book has 31 daily assignments, which include two challenges a day: Mary challenge (which is to encourage you, provide rest and fill your heart with God's peace) and a Martha challenge (break down of manageable cleaning tasks). I have been applying both the challenges and it has been cleansing to my soul, which makes for a happy home all around. Isn't that what we desire our homes to be, a place of happiness and peace? I want my children to see that taking out the trash or cleaning up messes is a way of serving our Lord, and each other. I love what Sarah said about women being called life-givers, I never thought of that, but we are, God created us to be that way, we give life physically and spiritually in many forms, also intellectually, socially, and artistically, we are blessed nurtures. It is about love, loving others with what God has given us! "She is the redeemed life-giver, en-lived by the love of Christ and continuously renewed by HIM as she nurtures others." It is important to rest, sit in HIS presence and let HIM fill us continuously, renew us, so we can be the nurtures to our family.


Want more information about this great book, a chance to win some prize and Sarah is having an online 31 day challenge, go to her blog and check it all out right there. Oh and she has some other great books I have read too, Desperate and Longing for Paris http://sarahmae.com/marthahomemaryway/


 













To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I want to thank to Tyndale http://www.tyndaleblognetwork.com/ for providing me a copy of this book for review! This r

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.