Thursday, March 31, 2016

Reivew~8 Simple Tools For Raising Great Kids with discout for 50% off

I am not a big parenting/help book reader, because it seems like you read one you have read them all. I tend to depend more on my own instinct and experience. So I thought this would be interesting to review. Well I didn't realize how much I was going to find this book helpful. So thank you FlyBy for offering this book to review for, 8 Simple Tools For Raising Great Kids by Dr. Todd Carmell. The forward for this book is wrote by one of my favorite book authors Jill Savage, many moms will know who she is. This is a book for both mom and dads to read. This book offers a lot of great tips in addition to those tools. What I love is how easy this book is to read. The book is broke down into eight sections with five short chapters in each section that you can read in a few minutes a piece. So you can pick this book up, read for a few minutes and have a new tip in raising your child(ren). Each chapter ends with a tip with a follow up or action to put into practice. No matter if you are just starting on your parenting journey or have older kids this book will be helpful. I love that the book shares that raising children is the most important job God has given you, and I agree! Also throughout the book is Biblical scripture references.


The first chapter from the book is titled Control Your Volume Knob and how many times have I raised my voice to get my kids to listen to me after repeating myself continuously. The author shares a real-life story that is relatable and a tip to use...this first one is Your communication style with your kids is REALLY, REALLY important. Not their communication style. Yours. At the end of the chapter is a couple questions to consider that will help you apply and remember the main point of that chapter. The eight tools in the book are: talking, listening, influencing, connecting, teaching, encouraging, correcting, and leading. The last section of the book is a summary of all the tips.

This would make a great book to give to a new parent!

For my readers, here is a  50% Discount Code which is GREATKIDS16  This code is only good from April 15th to May 15th, after that they will  no longer be able to use the code for the discount.
For more information on this book and tips on raising great kids, check out http://www.8simpletools.com/

About the author Dr. Todd Carmell:


I earned my doctorate in clinical psychology from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, CA. We then moved to Columbus, OH, where I completed a postdoctoral fellowship with Wright State University at the Children’s Hospital. Since then, I have done my clinical work at Summit Clinical Services in Wheaton, IL, where I continue to see children, teens, and families on a full-time basis. 
I have written five parenting books (faith based), which you can learn more about on the Books page. I have presented many parenting workshops at mom’s conferences (Hearts at Home, MOPS International), MOPS groups, churches, and schools, which you can read about on the Workshop page. I have also recently developed a skill-building game for kids called The Flexible Thinking Game. 
In my free time, I enjoy doing anything with my wife, spending time with my boys whenever possible, reading, running, and playing jazz piano any chance I get. My Christian faith is an important part of my life and thinking, and I am continually thankful for God’s grace, of which I am an undeserving recipient. 

"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.