Friday, May 13, 2016

Week 35 at Raising Arrows, weekly encouragement and snapshots!

Today we are finishing up week 35 of school here at Raising Arrows, just one more week to put in the books. Notice I wrote in the books, that is what I am required to report, however we do much more learning than that here at Raising Arrows, since our school is our home! Thursday we finished up our spring classes at co-op and had an end of year celebration, full of games, crafts, cupcake eating and ice cream making! The kids had a blast and I think the parents left exhausted, but it is so worth it to see their happy faces, having fun, and being a part of an amazing community!! This week spent some time out on our pond, enjoying some family walks and I enjoyed some reading time. I am starting to get the hang of this enjoying some rest and beauty, oh how it fills my soul! Even if it is for just little increments here and there.

Here are some encouraging reads this week and inspiration:



What I have found of God in Jesus Christ is so wonderful, I am eager for others to know it too—and to know him. —C.H. Spurgeon 

Fully trust and live for God, oh what a difference that makes!~ Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. – Hebrews 12:1-3 

Now is the time to pray. For our loved ones, for our country, for ourselves. Now is the time to be discerning. Please, for the love of Jesus Christ and for the sake of the world, we must be discerning peoplehttp://www.karipatterson.com/suit-up/

If you’re a mom, you have the most important job in the world. You get to allow your kids to experience the wonder of being a kid while you shape their hearts and minds in preparation for adulthood. http://heidistjohn.com/encouragement/let-them-be-little 

Judgmental/Wise Judgements? I think the essential difference is this: righteous judgement judges actions, self-righteous judgement judges characters. And ultimately, judging characters is up to God, not us (thank goodness). http://sallyclarkson.com/in-praise-of-being-judgmental/ 

Benefits of homeschooling I didn’t know think about before we started. Homeschooling, Thank You. http://smarttereachday.com/considering-homeschooling-read-this-first/

My calling, my vocation, is home educating my children.  It’s what keeps me up at night and gets me going in the morning.  http://www.kortneygarrison.com/2016/05/10/quiet-homeschooling/ 

“Real freedom is freedom from the opinion of others.
Above all, freedom from your own opinions about yourself.” ~ Brennan Manning http://www.incourage.me/2016/05/4-ways-to-let-grace-in-instead-of-guilt.html
 

Pics of the week:

These two sweet blessings, celebrating mother's day!
Airport field trip from last Friday!
 
 
 
Having fun shooting arrows!
A little Cootie's on a rainy day!
Watching the clouds roll in and my man practicing his golf swing!
Loved seeing this, big sis reading to little bro!
Patiently waiting for fish!
Reeling one in!
Spoiled cat~Peter!
Fun with a friend at co-op celebration!
Making ice cream!
Making ice cream, shake it up!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.