Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday encouragement, simple truth, and snapshots!



This week on repeat is a How Can It Be a song by Lauren Daigle you can listen to it here (this whole cd is awesome, last week it was O’Lord)     
You plead my cause, You right my wrongs, You break my chains, You overcome, You gave Your life, To give me mine, You say that I am free , How can it be… That is some good truth right there, HE has overcome all!  I have also been reading Colossians 2 over and over, oh how the Lord speaks to my heart! I am a sinner (shocker I know), yes and a bit sarcastic, and I tend to struggle with anxiety and perfectionism, though the Lord has worked a lot on me in this area. It has been years since I have had an anxiety attack (praise Jesus) but yet because I have a type A personality and on top of that a people-pleasing peace-maker. Trust me not always a positive, it can cause me to struggle with how I see and do things. The Lord spoke to me recently and it was put in my face, in a good way. I don’t want to be that person who worries what people will think or fear of being judged or that I am not a good enough Christian, wife, mom, homeschooler, friend, etc…right, do you hear me? Maybe I am the only one that struggles with that? I am never going to be perfect and I know this, but oh the struggle. Thankfully, there is only one perfect person and HE died for me and you, so that I and you can live in freedom, to not fear being judged, that we are not enough, doing it right, or failing. JESUS took the punishment for us, HE knew we couldn’t do it and HE knew before I was even born that I would sin and struggle, but because HE loves us, HE took on our sin, our struggles and nailed them to the cross!! There is nothing I can or you can do to win the heart of God or earn points (this world is like that though), HE already loves you and cares so much, we just need to believe and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior (which I hope and pray you have done). This is the only way we can live complete, forgiven, free and alive, forever as saints! We don’t have to worry or try harder. Instead live in freedom, enjoy this beautiful life God has given us, and have fun doing it! So continue to let that light shine, don’t hide it or let satan blow it out, let it SHINE! I apologize for putting the sweet children’s Bible song in your head, but so much truth in it.
Here is a funny thought about all this, I have been told this message/truth before, but it really did not click with me, I struggled with it. Maybe it has to do a bit with my mix mosh church background, not becoming a believer till my later 20s, my stubbornness…? Instead I still felt in order for God to love me completely I need to be, to do, act a certain way, but that wears a person out, all that striving. Instead Jesus says come to me and I will give you rest, behold the lilies of the field...be aware of holy beauty (Mathew 6:28). Thank you Jesus for that very thing, which allows me to live for you and trust no matter what I do right or when I fail, you are in control and I am enough, because of HIM. Now I know I will still have struggles and yes sin, but thankfully I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me and I just need to remember to listen and use that power!! This is part of my journey of faith, it is so amazing to see how God can use and teach a person! 

For some fun sharing, what we did this week, well we celebrated our country's birthday, so important to do! The kids and I enjoyed a parade on the 4th while the hubby was working. As a family we celebrated on the 5th with a fireworks show put on by my fab hubby! This week the kids enjoyed a swim party with Trail Life and American Heritage Girl troops. If you don't know anything about these, they are a boy and girl group that meet weekly to learn about service, leadership, community,  and skills, similar to boy/girl scouts, but with christian values. We are excited to join and be a part of these troops!! 

Here are a few snapshots of our week:


PGA golf game #3, love watching them play!
Sunday ready!! Missing the hubs.
4th of July parade!
Excited for the parade!!  Missing the hubs again, but thankful for a hard-working man!  Yes it was a windy day, bad hair day, ha!
Poor Peter cat, had a rough day, first he got caught in our live trap and then had to for his yearly shots, bless him, but he got lots of love from this sweet girl!
Family time fireworks!
Thankful for beautiful country nights!
Love watching this man fish!
Captured our first sunflower, we should have many soon, thanks to the hubs!
Red bird, red bird, what do you see!
Our garden is producing lots this year, this is just the start!
My hubs brought me home my fav chips from his last work trip. You are welcome chip lovers!
Encouraging reads of the week:

“What’s missing [in our lives] is a theology of play. There are many things—eating ice cream, diving off cliffs, sleeping in Saturday mornings, learning bird-calls, watching movies—that can’t be shoehorned into a utilitarian scheme, try as you might. We do some things just for the simple sake of doing them. There’s no particular usefulness connected to them. They don’t need to be done: nobody insists, and the world’s left unchanged by our doing them or not. They enhance our intellect not one bit. …But they just might make us feel more alive, more ourselves, and that’s use enough.http://theartofsimple.net/permissiontorest/
"So many times in my life I have encountered the tension between wanting to be Spirit-filled and gracious, and then being overwhelmed by my own attitudes, the unexpected situations of my life, or the many clashing personalities of my family members. Life tends to have a sandpaper effect on my attempts to be holy. These times have led me explore what it means to live in the power of the Spirit." http://sallyclarkson.com/the-power-to-live-a-supernatural-life-today/
It’s time to go sit at the well and speak grace as we spend time with those who think differently, believe differently, worship differently. http://www.faithgateway.com/breaking-division-uncomfortable-conversations/#.V3wNLjU4fXA
Maybe as Christians we subconsciously think there’s something wrong with us or wrong with our faith if we’re not “fine.” Like we should be “ok, already.” But in all reality, we won’t be completely “fine” until Jesus comes again. In the meantime, there’s wrestling. There’s struggle. And there’s a place for holy lamenting. http://tooverflowing.com/invitation-not-fine/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.