Friday, September 23, 2016

HOPE, weekly encouragement and snapshots!

HOPE~yes that is what you tell yourself when your going through something, but what exactly does it mean? Hope it sounds like a good word, right!? Well I said that to a dear friend going through a hard time the other day, and then I thought I need to understand that word hope better (and I when I thought that, I meant later, some other time). Well I opened up a book I am reading (Breathing Eden) and there it is HOPE. Romans 5:3-5 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.


Breathing Eden
So I start reading this and pondering on the questions. Then I open up my Bible and look up the word hope, and there is verse upon verse throughout the Bible. Hope is akin to trust and a confident expectation. (Titus 1:2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time) What a reminder how God hears and knows it all and what confirmation He gives. Why we always need to take everything to Him! God continued to put that word HOPE in front of me this week, not just once but several times throughout the week! I am so thankful to have a God that speak to me, loves me and desires a relationship with me!


We read poetry as part of homeschooling and this poem by Emily Dickinson about hope is good too "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all." 






 That was a little personal encouragement from me and what God spoke to me this week, been a while since I have wrote about my personal thoughts and shared. Hoping there are others out there maybe need that reminder to keep the HOPE, as I did!! We all have struggles, from time to time, and some seasons are hard, but there is hope!! Here is some more encouragement from posts I read this week:
All these “never the same” moments turned our lives in new directions. Led us down paths we never anticipated and certainly would not have planned. Molded us into people we never imagined we’d be, for better, for worse. http://sheridacon.com/2016/09/12/never-the-same-moment-everything-changes/
When my actions and attitude reflect my priorities, that peace and joy spill over beyond our family too. That’s ministry. That’s pursuing what matters. That’s kingdom work. http://kristinhilltaylor.com/2016/09/gods-kingdom-here.html
Embrace who you are, and all the weird quirky ways that make you, you. http://www.tammystrait.com/control-freak/
Be kind to yourself. Forfeit the fight to be perfect. Listen to God’s truth. http://kristinhilltaylor.com/2016/09/listen-be-kind-to-yourself.html
We are heard by the One who made us every time we call His name. If we’re concerned enough to bring it to Him, the Bible says He bends down to listen. http://heidistjohn.com/encouragement/does-prayer-really-change-things
Hopeless is an absolutely defeated word. It means it’s over, there’s nothing left to live for, no joy to be found, no peace for the future. But, hope, hope in Jesus means it might be the end of the road, but He may carve out a new road that we cannot see. He may do what only He can do. And there’s hope! Whom are you hoping in? Who are you trusting even if your heart may be broken? http://www.faithgateway.com/hope-is-faith-waiting-tomorrow/#.V-UphiQ4fHc

This was in the Savior devotion this week, so good!
Two books I am in the process of review for Tyndale!!

Snapshots of our week:
This crew went to a parade Saturday morning, we didn't let the rain stop our parade!
Welcome fall, I like being able to lock up the chickens early at night with the earlier sunsets and a little longer quiet time to enjoy them!
Working hard on writing, love his determination!
Love there different personalities!! We are signing along to geography songs!
This girl finished her poster and is excited for Souper Supper, raising money for Global Hunger Relief!
This sweet girl saved up her birthday money and bought herself a tea set! Love moments like this!
One little boy is excited for Halloween to come!
More progress on the guest room being made!
Socks has earned his keep, caught his first mouse! Way to go little rescue kitty! Country life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.