Friday, September 30, 2016

Raising Arrows Week 9, Weekly Encouragement and Snapshots!

This week we wrapped up week nine of our school year! As usually it has been busy, as a homeschool mom my mind some days feels like it may explode, with all the info that goes out of my brain and comes in, could be why I feel tired at the end of most days, it's a good tired feeling, because I know I am doing what I am called to do. However, I have learned it is so important to take the time to fill my soul and make sure to say yes and no to the right things.

Thankful it has been a beautiful week of weather, it could not be more perfect, sunshine, cool breezes and temps! We took time this week to enjoy some nice evening walks, campfire, and sunsets, all thing that fill my soul! Fall always seems beautiful to me and yet reminds me of changing seasons and how change is beautiful, sometimes you have to go through a hard-time to get there, but oh how beautiful it is and will be! Ecclesiastes 3:1~There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens... This week I was reminded it was about a year ago we were getting ready for our move from Kentucky to Tennessee, I remember it, almost feels like yesterday. So as I sit here and think of all that has transpired in just a short time, I can't help but think of all the wonderful things the Lord has blessed me with in this season, sometimes hard to see at the time. So why I keep the hope in all things, thankful for the little and big things, thankful for the hard times that teach us and draw us nearer, and thankful for what is to come, because I can trust the one true God!


Weekly encouragement: 
The vocation of home education is beautiful, but like all beauty, it is shrouded in mystery and requires a good deal of faith to live out. http://wildflowersandmarbles.com/2016/09/01/the-call-within-the-call-lessons-from-mother-teresa-on-homeschooling/ 
We don’t have to pretend like we are all knowing, or all powerful. We just have to do what God asks us to do. http://tsuzanneeller.com/2016/09/08/yielding/ 
Tell yourself the truth today: things won’t always feel the way they do right now. http://sheridacon.com/2016/09/23/things-wont-always-feel-way-right-now/
But God whispered, “Maybe I was making a deposit that will be important later.” http://www.lauracrosby.me/when-god-seems-boring-or-irrelevant/
Intentions are a good starting point, but we need to make sure we are diligently following through, making those intentions a reality. https://thehomeschoolmomblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/am-i-living-intentionally/
That natural wonder and curiosity that children have should be something that we continue to cultivate because it leads to an affection for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. http://thesunnypatch.ca/wonder-curiosity/

Weekly snapshots:
This is one the best tools I have put together for our homeschool this year, scripture memorization box!
Caught this boy looking at books, making another book reader!
Friday night movie and pizza night! Family tradition!
My late night buddy and I catching up on some Blacklist!
Excited to play some soccer!
Cheering on our little soccer player!
Another beautiful sunset, thank you God! Counting blessings!
This boy thinks it is cold, I think he just loves wearing hats and sweatshirts like his mama! Thank you fall weather!
Our little artist! I wish I could draw as good as her! She teaches me so much!
Perfect evening to take a walk after a somewhat crazy Monday!
Life's a journey, travel it well together! We love fall and evening walks! Taking in nature and fresh air!
Such a beautiful horse, we love our neighbors!
The farmers have been busy, love this time of year!
More of our neighbors, love country living, thankful!
Beautiful evening to porch sit!
The boy brings so much joy in our lives, never a dull moment. Today he got new boots and insisted on wearing them right away!
Little fisher girl!
Daddy took the kids fishing, watch a catch little man got!
We love our homeschool co-op, yesterday after class we had a presentation on birds of prey!
Little man held the Christian flag during our pledge time at co-op!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.