Saturday, October 1, 2016

Earth Psalms ~ Review

This is one of the most beautiful books I have received for review and the author Francine Rivers, is one of my favorites! Earth Psalms will definitely be great for gift giving and do not forget to get one for yourself! This is a book to leave out on the table, to pick up when needed, and/or read daily! The book has 52 short stories/devotionals, meant for one each week throughout the year. Each reading includes includes: scripture, reflect~questions to reflect from the reading, apply~how to use what you learn through the week, and connect with God~prayer time. Throughout the book you will also find some facts about the pictures, hymns, and quotes from others about faith. The book is full of beautiful photographs of nature, if you know me I love watching sunsets and sunrises. They are such powerful reminders of God's awesomeness! I also enjoy my daily walks to the mailbox, a chance to be outside in nature, to see God's creation, from flowers, butterflies, birds, trees, my neighbors horses and cows. Being out in nature, when I don't have to fight the bugs or humidity, is one of the best ways to refresh the soul and feel the presence of God. I also enjoy looking at pictures and video's of nature, just seeing someone else capture beauty and share it reminds me of God being an artist. 

 
From the book: Scriptures say, For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, we can clearly see His invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature. So we have no excuse for not knowing God.~Romans 1:20. Everything God has created is a wonder to behold. If we look closely, we find lessons in our observations.

"No one is useless in this world...who lightens the burden of it for any one else"~Charles Dickens

"This week, remember that you are rooted in Christ. He will give you everything you need."

"Lord Jesus, thank You that I am rooted and established in You. You are building me up, strengthening me, and helping me grow. Help me to seek to deepen my roots in You every day."

"O the deep, deep love of Jesus!
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In its fullness over me,
Underneath me, all around me, Is the current of They love;
Leading onward, leading homeward,
To my glorious rest above."

No give-away this time, but be sure to check out this book and more at https://www.tyndale.com/p/earth-psalms/9781496414854  
Earth Psalms~ Reflections on How God Speaks through Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.