Friday, October 21, 2016

Third way done!!! Weekly encouragment and snapshots!

I think this Friday calls for a celebration!!! We are a third of the way through our curriculum for the 2016-2017 homeschool year, whoohoo!!! My brain is tired, not much on my mind to write or share this week, other than, I can't believe 10 weeks till Christmas!!! I am looking forward to doing an online study of Come, Lord Jesus, more details about that soon! Working on some projects and doing lots of reading is where my time is spent right now, when we are not running to and thro and homeschooling! Yes, most days I am tired, but it is good tired! I am grateful, grateful for the people that God has placed on our path and that I am able to stay home with my children, even though some days I feel like I may loose my mind up in here! Which is why I can't thank Jesus enough! Nothing in this world will fill your soul, nothing in this world will save you, just Jesus! So remember not to worry, not to be anxious, have no fear, find what fills your soul and be a light! Not always easy to do, but we have a choice and some days I struggle and don't always get this right! Thank you for God's promises and the way He reminds me! Through His Word, people He has place in my life, a sunset/sunrise, a devotion, book or quote. All good things point back to HIM!

Weekly Encouragement:
Bible Verse that stood out to me this week:
Matthew 10:26 So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.

Quote
 "In our awakening, we see that God has been doing things we did not look for all along." Come, Lord Jesus 

All things don’t work out. I need to remind us of this, not to make us pessimistic about our life, but to remember God’s promise that if we love God and follow Him, our life works together – all the good, all the bad, all the hard, all the disappointing – and it is truly the best life, still and always because life doesn’t depend on one just thing — even a big thing — to make it good. http://lisawhittle.com/when-things-dont-work-out/ 
We consider our homeschooling part Classical and part Charlotte Mason, this article so inspiring! http://momentswithmotherculture.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-generation-of-charlotte-mason-kids.html 
"Perhaps the experience of seeing our finitude in the face of boundless knowledge is a process which leads us to the greater goal of wisdom." https://www.circeinstitute.org/blog/being-master-teacher-and-other-impossible-dreams 
Character building happens in the midst of life, a life of vitality and growing – which is education. http://www.simplyconvivial.com/2016/character-building 
My railroad friends will relate to this! Love her story; finding blessings and Jesus through it! https://chipandivy.wordpress.com/2016/10/16/dear-union-pacific-railroad/
 
 Pics of the week:
At soccer field, my little bookworm!
Saturday soccer game! Whoohoo little man!!

Abigail and her Girls In Action group, raising money at their Souper Supper!
Socks has grown, we rescued him behind an ice machine at about 4 months!
Happy Halloween mail!!
Checking out the neighbors cows on our walk, the cows probably think we are a crazy bunch, but I am OK with that!
Enjoying a beautiful fall evening, fresh country air, autumn breeze, changing leaves, and walking with these two blessings!
Well, hello there Socks, peaking through the window!
Ninja boy!
Lego creation!
Enjoyed a beautiful sunrise. Thanking the Lord for His love and mercy, reminder of HIS light overcoming the darkness of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.