Friday, October 14, 2016

Weekly encouragement and snapshots, and growing roots!

We are have officially been Tennesseans now for a whole year! My husband and I have not lived in many places together for more then a couple years at most. I think for now it is safe to say we are putting roots down here in Tennessee (my hope). I love to have a place to have roots for our family together, sometimes I feel like my life with my husband has been almost like a nomad, except we have always had a place to live, a roof over our heads. I share this because the kids and I had a conversation the other day about how many places we have lived, it is crazy to think about it. Abigail has lived in three different states already, 4 different towns, with 6 different addresses. Aidan just a little bit less. They have only been on earth for 8 years or less. For me I have moved 10 times in 13 years with the hubby.
My deep roots are in Minnesota where I was born and raised, but life for me the last 13 years has been about moving. I have been blessed and loved the many people I have met, new friendships, how I have grown, been challenged, but most importantly how my faith has deepened and my trust in the Lord has grown because of this. God will use all kinds of different situations to get us to notice, to get our attention, why because HE loves us and sometimes that love of HIS is hard to understand, because of our struggles, our sin, and not being perfect. But thankfully because of God and His great love for us, He made a way for us. So I hope that you are noticing Him and if not, I encourage you to just stop long enough in this world that pulls at us, to open your heart and mind to Him, to His will, because it is what brings me peace in this world.
From Let Your Light Shine Bible study

Weekly encouragement:
Bible verse:
Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. Philippians 4:8 MSG

Quote: "Our eyes are the window to our whole body, what we see has a lasting effect." 


Because small change does add up. And while I’m not in a radical life changes season, I am in a small victories season. Small victories matter. http://theartofsimple.net/smallchange/ 
"Sit down with your children and listen to them. Eat with them. Hug them. Teach them to tend a garden, placing your hands in the wounded yet life-giving earth. Stop doubting and believe. Look your daughter in the eye and tell her she is more beautiful than she could possibly imagine. Muster the courage to show up at church on Sunday. Make your home lovely. Commit to the slow work of shaping the world around you so that it looks like your best guess at what the Kingdom looks like." http://rabbitroom.com/2016/10/hutchmoot-2016-feasting-as-an-act-of-war/ 
Every day, every minute, I have to remind myself that this humble work of loving, nurturing, learning, teaching, home-making, celebrating is my calling. http://www.mthopechronicles.com/2016/10/world-weary.html 
I’m not promoting a product as much as I am supporting someone whose voice I believe in. I’m promoting my friend. This means sometimes I promote things that may not perfectly fit my preferences. Or material for which I may not be the target audience. I give my support because I know the artists (or know about them) and personally believe in and want to support their work. I want them to thrive and grow as artists. http://rabbitroom.com/2016/10/why-i-promote-my-friends-art/ 


Be sure to check out my review of this beautiful inspiring devotional http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2016/10/come-lord-jesusthe-weight-of.html
Weekly snapshots:

This girl won a cake at the Hoof Beat for Hope cakewalk!
Abigail and I enjoying a beautiful sunset while we watch little bro practice soccer!
Chilly morning play, love the bare-feet with hat look!
A much needed afternoon coffee break, my view!
Peter-cat has the life!
Beautiful fall sunshine day, love reminder of HIS light shines!
Perfect way to end a day with family!
Love these cuties!
Marshmallow roster, love him!
The kids made out with a pile of books from our homeschool read-a-thon challenge! Thank you to all that sponsored!
This is my fav road we drive down when heading to town. Even more spectacular in the fall!
Visiting the neighbors on a walk! One of God's beautiful creatures!
Little fall on the front porch!





3 comments:

  1. Loved joining you here and getting a glimpse of your life. Beautiful photos! Love the quote you shared. Praying we keep our eyes on Jesus as there truly will be no better lasting effect! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.