Friday, November 11, 2016

Weekly encouragement with school break and family visit!

My HOPE!
What a refreshing week! We took a much needed school break this week, this mama didn't realize how worn I had become. It wasn't planned, but when my mother-in-law said they be coming down, I new this would be perfect time to take a break from our regular school work. Really it was the perfect week to take a break with the time change and the late night election coverage, we had a few late nights and early mornings! So this week, we enjoyed family time and visited some antique shops. I am happy to report we also found some great deals too!! The children still attended their sport lessons and yesterday we had homeschool co-op! So in reality we still did complete some school time! Today, I plan to finish up planning the reminder of the 2016 school year.

I am glad I took back up the habit of counting blessings, it really does help me to focus on the goodness of God. So I would encourage you, if you are going through a hard time, struggling with the way things in the world seem to be going, instead focus on the blessings God gives you and His truths! It gives me so much peace, I would otherwise not have.  Psalm 118:21 I shall give thanks to YOU, for You have answered me, and You have become my salvation. Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses ALL comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I also just finished reading a book, that is full of helpful encouragement of God's Word and His truths, you may read about it here: http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2016/11/guarded-by-christreview.html

Guarded By Christ
Weekly Encouraging Reads: 
According to the math, we are doing really good! So….. How much time is spent actually learning?   https://monkeymum29.wordpress.com/2015/09/13/time-is-precious/ 
I have a heart for mentoring and encouraging others, this is good and needed more.. We need to be willing and visible and humble enough to walk with young women in our local churches as they are growing and seeking spiritual guidance. I know I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for the spiritual mentors I had in my early 20’s and on through my life. http://sarahmae.com/2016/11/women-lets-get-to-it-on-mentoring-in-the-church/ 
What are we doing today that will matter in 100 years? http://womenlivingwell.org/2016/11/100-years-now/ 
In my relationship with God, information is not the goal. The goal is those moments in my day by which I recognize the very Presence of God Himself. The goal is what He Himself reveals to me; the insight I gain from Him and from His Word. http://www.joanneviola.com/2016/11/those-sacred-moments/ 
Receiving refreshment comes through giving. And sometimes, it’s in the simplest of ways http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/tired-of-doing-good/
You’re invited to an Advent book club. A sacred, communal journey starting Nov. 27. Each Sunday, from Nov. 27 to Dec. 18, gather around art, poetry, and beauty inspired by Come, Lord Jesus: The Weight of Waiting by Kris Camealy at http://www.creativeandfree.com/come-lord-jesus-book-club/

Weekly Snapshots:


Friday Art Lesson Day: Looked at paintings about water and how artists use different colors and techniques. The kids then created their own picture showing water. We also learned in our Art and Bible lesson about Abraham.

I am thankful for these girls and the fresh eggs they supply our family.
This is one of our favorite things to do this time of year, Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes!

Thankful for Friday night movie nights, popcorn, hot chocolate and Christmas movies!! Falalala let the Christmas season begin!
Wow the pink in the sky was absolutely beautiful! What a reminder of our awesome God and HIS creation!
Thankful for Sundays and that we are able to worship at church!
Thankful for Happy Hour!
Grandpa Dick and Grandma Jo arrived, first things kids want to do is read to Grandpa! Retired teacher life!
Thankful for wide open spaces, where my family can play freely and for a little much needed rain!
Antiquing with the in-laws AKA grandparents!
Sweet pic of my in-laws!
Thankful for this big mug full of coffee on late nights, early mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.