Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas season, encouragement, and snapshots!


Yesterday we finished our 1st semester of school for the 2016-2017 school year at Raising Arrows homeschool!! We are looking forward to our mini break and enjoying the rest of the year! We have a busy week coming up with appointments, some more baking, and getting ready for family arrival. I am thankful we have the time to be able to set aside our school work and focus on the Christmas season! I am hoping to squeeze in time to do some deep cleaning and organizing. The house gets a little out of sorts when we are schooling, but something has to give. I anticipate the kids will receive some new things for Christmas, so we need to do a little purging too! I can't handle too much stuff, unless it is books! 😉

I don't know about you, but this has been a less stressful Christmas this year. This Christmas season, I am actually doing more things. I can only say it has to be because of Jesus and the assurance He gives me and the time I have spent in rest with Him and reading God's Word. I just love this verse, it speaks much this season to my heart, Romans 15:13~May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 
We all long for something, and that something can only be filled by Jesus. I feel only knowing God can you know the true meaning of Christmas and celebrate it in its fullness! So don't miss the importance, it's never too late to believe. It is the greatest gift you will ever receive, true forgiveness and eternal life in beautiful heaven!

Encouraging Reads: 
This got my attention because, yoga! Which I like and do! Sometimes the best I can do at Yoga is to just keep breathing.  Sometimes in the Christmas season it seems that way also.  You too? http://www.lauracrosby.me/breathe-2/
Decades later, I remain a distracted and forgetful student of balance. Gratitude and sorrow aren't, as I once believed, mutually exclusive. They actually pair quite well together, one in each hand. http://www.shannanmartinwrites.com/2016/11/two-kinds-of-buckets.html
Perfect presence is being intentional in our interactions with others and letting God use us to be His gift for others daily. Perfect presence is saying “yes” and allowing others needs to take precedence over ours. Perfect presence is a present that will bless all. The best part is it is free. http://passagethroughgrace.com/holiday-hustle-meets-holiday-slow-down
We can trust God, in His faithfulness, to accomplish what concerns us. He delights in working through every day people like us who desire to trust him to do "above and beyond what we can ask or think http://sallyclarkson.com/blog/2016/11/15/now-more-than-ever-motherhood-matters
 
Snapshots of the week:
We observed the Canadian Geese one morning from the house.
This was from our last Lego Challenge, candle! A reminder to be a light!
Fridays we do Art and Bible lesson. We learned about animals Jacob took with him. Aidan finished his Christmas tree and Abigail made a book about Jesus's love!
Having fun with stamps! This was a class Abigail took at co-op, continuing the fun at home!
Cozy blankets and Christmas movies, is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
Oh Zeke! He too likes relaxing by the light of the Christmas tree!
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit~Romans 15:13 Joy, advent candle!
Making Swedish Spritz Cookies!
Having some fun making cookies, love her laugh!
Having fun, mom daughter Christmas cookie making!
Finished cookie, so cute, so little, sooo yummy!
Little cookie monster!
Husband and little man went fishing while we baked. Little man caught a good sized fish!
He thinks he is hunting! Bless! Boys!
Whoohoo we are excited, some more than others, for completing 1st semester of our 2016-2017 school year! We are done till next year!! Time for school break!!!
My favorite new to me Christmas book~Christmas Spirit~So many great quotes, inspiration, hymns, art, literature, recipes...
Some of my fav quotes from the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.