Friday, December 23, 2016

Weekly Encouragement, Snapshots, Books, and a Very Merry Christmas to ALL!

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.~Luke 2:11

Sunday, night we watched the children's Christmas program put on by our church. Oh it was such a blessing to watch these children, sing and have fun being lights of Jesus. What a great way to start the week off! This week, we had a nice relaxing week, no school, kids had lots of play time, and well mama a little extra rest and having my husband home an extra day this week was an awesome bonus! Now let's hope it works for Christmas day off too! I did however, start looking at homeschool curriculum for 2017-2018, I know I might be ahead of myself, but homeschooling is sort of my life and I do love it! I also ordered some books with my Christmas money. I know some people go shopping with their Christmas money, nope not me, malls are not my favorite place, I really dislike shopping, so much I still have jeans from 10 years ago! Really, I do! But books, is my addiction! So now I have a small stack ready for the new year, a couple of these I did win! Now trying to figure out which one to start with first! I also have a stack from last year I didn't get too, some due to reviews I was doing and also had the blessing of being a part of a couple wonderful book launch teams. I don't feel guilty those were books I got from library sales for a dollar or so. Right now I am finishing up reading Rhythms of Rest~Finding the Spirit of Sabbath in a Busy World by Shelly Miller. This book is changing my view on sabbath/rest, so needed this message. I will probably share more later after I have finished it and ponder over it more. I am also half way through God's Smuggler (thanks to a friend borrowing the book to me), everyone should read this book, this will be required school reading in Raising Arrows! Soooo, I guess this week I need to make some type of book reading plan. 
2017 book reading pile, plus waiting on a few to arrive via Amazon.
Last years that I didn't get too and hopefully will this year.
The children and I are enjoying reading through Ann Voskamp's, The Greatest Gift and doing our Jesse Tree. For anyone interested in doing a family Advent/Jesse Tree, I recommend Ann's book. I love how she includes the Bible passage and then how she brings it into a poetic story for all ages to relate to. Also the illustrations are so beautiful to look at. This week I had some extra time to journal and spend in my advent study, Come Lord Jesus. Another book I also recommend for you mama's, as we all need personal study time with the Lord. This week God has been showing me wonder vs. worry, reminding me of Jesus's light that has overcome darkness and His return will be glorious for those that believe, the way of holiness leads to everlasting JOY, that we have no end to peace when we are in a true relationship with Jesus, that we can rejoice in all things, yes even the hard things, I sometimes just need that reminder to ask for a song from God. So wonder over worry, rejoice over stress, trust and obey for there is not other way! May you feel peace and blessings this Christmas season and remember where true peace and hope comes from.

So this week, extra special treat for family and friends. My husband was able to get a few good video clips of their program, here they are for your viewing pleasure:







Encouraging reads this week:
If you’re not willing to look goofy in the eyes of others at some point, you will never make it to your God-sized dream. http://www.godsizeddreams.com/the-gifts-of-failure-and-looking-foolish/ 
“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen.” This Advent, we can join the praise party with Paul and the shepherds by shouting out God’s glory to the watching world because http://lovegodgreatly.com/gloria-excelsis-deo/
He is our source of hope, hospitality, and love. But we first must sit, as He reminds us we never need to strive in his presence.  http://gracetable.org/stop-striving-start-sitting/
Home is the place where we pour our hearts into so much work. https://simplycharlottemason.com/blog/take-joy-home/

To all my readers, you are so loved!! (Thank you Dayspring for the free e-cards!)
Snapshots of our week:
Love watching these two read books together!
Making home-made pizzas!!
Peter-cat only loves this girl, always sneaking him in and vice-versa!
Advent candle-LOVE, This is love...For God so loved the world that HE gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life~John 3:16 The light from the candle reminds us of His light, Jesus said "I am the light of the world~John 8:12
Sunday night the kids participated in our church children's Christmas program! They were so excited and had so much fun being little lights of Jesus!
Little man had fun with the bells at our church Christmas program!
Smiling is the best, singing is too!
There's Peter-cat again. He enjoyed some extra love, while Socks-cat was at the vet.
Amazing sunset one cold night this week! God's creation!
You know it's cold when you see ice on the pond, brrr! However, it's beautiful! The south is cold too, sometimes!
Abigail's hair salon is now open! 😉
This happened yesterday...I asked the children to clean out their rooms and get rid of anything they do not need or play with, and my baby girl brings me her lovey and blanket she's had since she was born. Oh my mama heart, she is growing up! However, I will put this in her treasure box for when she does moves out on her own. She will someday want it, right! ;) 
Lovey and blanket!



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.