Friday, December 30, 2016

Year wrap-up, snapshots and encouragement!

I hope all my readers had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the last days of 2016! I am so thankful for so many things this year! Yes, there were a few not so wonderful moments in 2016, but in the end, so many blessings, so many things that make me look back and smile. I do believe some of that has to do with perspective, but a majority of it is my faith, it is what keeps me grounded!

This year my parents spent Christmas with us! It was a blessing to all go to church together and spend time together! We also had our wonderful neighbor over to enjoy a Christmas meal with us. He has become part of our family. We have been blessed with wonderful neighbors in most of the places we have lived! That is due to the good Lord looking out for us! HE knows my needs due to my husband's job. Tonight my husband and I will celebrate 12 yeas of marriage a day early, as he will probably more than likely be working, but I am so looking forward to our meal together!! Thanks to our awesome neighbor for the filet mignon and lobster tail! The kiddo's have movie plans in the other room! That is how we do it, with no family near!

We already booked our first little trip away, headed to the Monster Jam. I am excited to watch the kids faces see this. I remember going as a child. Plus I get to go eat at Cheesecake Factory! It is the little things in life people. This year, we are planning a few mini trips. Not sure yet if we are going to take vacation somewhere else yet or do a stay-at-home vaca! We have done those in the past and they are wonderful too!

It seems to be the time of year people start making resolutions, reflecting on the past year, etc... So yes, I am also reflecting on my year and the year ahead, last year I incorporated some new habits, which I am still working on and will continue with making good habits, for me that is the way to go. But most important, it needs to be about what matters to God and what our life should reflect. This scripture is where to start for me:

And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and statutes of the Lord, which I am commanding you today for your good?  Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it.  Yet the Lord set his heart in love on your fathers and chose their offspring after them, you above all peoples, as you are this day.  - Deuteronomy 10:12-15

I came across this quote this morning and what a great reminder for me:
"Give Me your attention and get control of your spirit. Be quiet. Be still. Recognize My sovereignty and transcendence. Remember what Jesus said, “Our Father who art in heaven, holy is your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Jesus modeled His understanding that My will is what you need to rest in. I am in heaven and I see all things—the future, the past, your children, your relationships, –all your clutter. Give them to Me. Quiet your soul and rest in My strength and power."~Sally Clarkson


Encouraging reads: 
My scars are significant and precious. I shouldn’t keep hiding them. I am recognizable by them; they make me unique. http://annvoskamp.com/2016/12/how-the-years-scars-can-shape-not-shatter-hopes/ 
No resolutions this year for me, instead this!...So I must pray http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/my-prayer-for-next-year 
I won’t be making resolutions, but this is great list to reflect upon 2016! 10 Questions to Reflect on the Year http://holleygerth.com/10-questions/ 
Our culture is so obsessed with not wanting anyone to feel the sting of failure. But failure helps us! We will learn from it if we’re brave enough to admit it. http://www.karipatterson.com/key-question-ask-2016-ends/ 
These daily prompts have been helpful for me to get in the Bible daily and write scripture. Happy January and Happy New Year! http://www.swtblessings.com/2016/12/january-scripture-writing-plan-courage.html#.WGQ--FyCpJI 
 

Snapshots:
Something about a sunrise like this, to remind us of how great the Father's love is for us. Peaceful, beautiful, magnificent, glorious, a reason to rejoice!
We started opening presents Christmas eve-eve, since we didn't know what my husband's work schedule would be (they like to keep us in the dark, so to say). It ended up he was home for Christmas!! However, it worked out great! Opened out of state family eve-eve night and enjoyed seeing wrapping paper everywhere for 3 days! Since the next day we did our personal Christmas celebration! Then my with parents Christmas day!
Excited for movie night, Christmas movies are the best!
Awesome gift from our neighbor for the kids, perfect for movie night!
My handsome hubby, love him!
The kids received a few Lego gifts and had fun completing them!
Happy Birthday Jesus cake! Tradition!
My little knight in shining armor!
Concentrating on a sewing project!
Completed project!
My pets were spoiled by my parents, aka Mrs. Claus! Zeke's toy lasted only an hour or so before he destroyed it, but was fun while it lasted!
My parents aka grandpa and grandma, kids so adore them!
Merry Christmas from my little family!
Wednesday was my dad's birthday! This was him and little man the other day! 😎 We celebrated over breakfast that morning before their long drive home back to MN.
70s and a windy day, was perfect day to head to Memphis to the top of the pyramid aka Bass Pro Shop! Little man always has the perfect expression, picture taking is always fun with him!
Definitely like his father, dreaming and shooting!
Somebody found herself an after Christmas deal! Pink Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.