Wednesday, January 18, 2017

How God used a cat to remind me...

It's Wednesday, mid week! Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕
 
Do you know how much God cares for you? How much God loves you? How much God provides for you? Then why do we wonder, worry, and forget how awesome HE is? God sure has a way of reminding me, even through a cat, named Peter!

Peter, is our cat, well I should say, he is my daughter's cat, she seems to be the cat whisper. Anyhow, recently he disappeared for a week, so not like him. He is known to take some daily adventures, but not a week!

Thank you Lord, happy girl, celebrating!
We all worried and wondered, even my husband, but shhh don't tell him I said that, because he hates cats, haha, right! I even started thinking the worse, but each day I would say a little prayer, please God bring him home safely. Then it became where ever he is, I hope he safe. Then the night before he came home, my daughter prayed and I prayed, Lord if it is your will will you please direct Peter back home to us tomorrow, we sure miss him, he is a good cat.

Well, the next morning, there he was at our front door! Where he has been or what he has been doing for the last week, we don't know. However, he looked totally fine! But you know there were moments I thought the worst; that a coyote got him, an eagle swooped down and picked him up. Why do we do that, please tell me I am not the only one that thinks the worst situation sometimes? Why do I do that? Is it because I am doubting or not trusting in God? I know some are thinking it is only a cat, but he is part of our family. I even at times will do this when my husband is out working and I know he is due home and then it gets later and later, the mind starts to race, thoughts start to swirl. Then I have to tell my brain to stop it and tell satan to flee. I am thankful it is not constant, I use to worry constantly and have had anxiety attacks in the past, but I know it is because my faith, my faith is stronger then it was 10 years ago, heck even stronger then last year. Thankfully, God never gives up on us, HE still keeps loving us, HE still keeps guard over us. I just need to remember to trust at all times. I am not sure I will ever get there this side of heaven, but I know I will keep seeking.

So if you are struggling: go to God, get quiet, and rest in HIM. The Lord alone is our savior, strength, protector, provider, counselor, and peace. When the going gets really tough, seek out godly people in your life, find a mentor, a prayer warrior. If you don't have one, start praying for God to provide you with one. God didn't put us on this earth to do life alone, it is why we have the church, why we have been given family, and friends.

Rest in Him  
Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Find peace in Him
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Seek and ask Him
Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Give your fear to Him
Psalm 23:4  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Give Him your burdens
Psalm 55:22  Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved

Be still in Him
Psalm 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,  I will be exalted in the earth!”

Trust in Him
Proverbs 3:5-6   Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Find your strength in Him
Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Protector
2 Timothy 4:18  The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 
Jesus is savior
Acts 4:12  "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Lord, help me to keep your Word in my heart, to trust and go to you first in all things. Thank you for the people in my life that have come along side of me. Lord help me to never stop seeking, praying or resting in you alone. AMEN!

P.S. feel free to drop a prayer request so I can pray with you. If you feel alone, I pray you will reach out. If you are struggling, know that you are not alone. Keep fighting the good fight of faith! 💗♱

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.