Friday, January 13, 2017

Mid~January weekly review, encouragement and snapshots!

Wow, what a month so far! It has been tough getting us all back in the swing since Christmas break and probably didn't help we had a little get-away at the beginning of the week. But this is one reason we homeschool, to enjoy the hubs time off when he gets it, to explore and take in our surroundings. We headed to Nashville for a little get-away, my hubs had some hotel points to use and the Monster Jam was in town. They have been wanting to go see them, especially the little boy, though I think my hubs was just as excited too! I went as a child when I was little girl and it was fun, and hey I got to see Graver Digger again! Us girls did have a great time too, it was awesome seeing women now participating in this competition and how much it has changed!

This week we finished week 20 of homeschooling, whoohoo! It was no small feat this week, we were all tired this week! I am gearing up and getting ready for co-op to start back next month. This semester I am going to facilitate a Literature Club Class! This is perfect class for me to do, since I am a book geek! I have 9 little's in my class and we are going to have fun reading through books themed for each class with a craft to go with the books! Abigail will be in my class and she is also taking Fun With Geography II for spring semester. Aidan is taking My Body and Music Appreciation!

In Raising Arrows this week (name of our homeschool for those new), we started two new read alouds, Twenty and Ten and Strawberry Girl. We are enjoying Twenty and Ten, however Strawberry Girl is a struggle. The story is great but reading it aloud, oh my, I need to find this in an audio version. The southern dialect from that time era, is hard to read aloud, for this ex northern girl.
In science this week, little man started to learn about digestion of the body, oh that subject is so much more interesting teaching a boy vs. a girl. The things he asks and points out!! Probably why I have hesitated talking to him about how/where babies come from, but I know that will be next!! I may need the Principal to tackle that subject! So pray for me y'all!! Thankfully our memory verse this week (which is also my life verse) Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord...thank you God for reminding me of that, while I do my best to teach and train up these little warriors!

Encouraging reads:
“If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you’re a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!” ~Shel Silverstein 

My sweet Jesus was crucified to set me free from my sin. https://mysweetjesusblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/16/loving-jesus-but-living-in-sin/
It is impossible to say what will happen to us, or what will be required of us this year — but "Look up!" http://out-of-theordinary.blogspot.ca/2016/12/look-up.html
Yes to this…Parenting is holy work http://www.swtblessings.com/2017/01/parenting-is-hard.html#.WHY2elwfioY
I love making lists and I sure do like hers…I’m a list-maker and a box checker and with a clock I can’t stop, here are the things I want my kids to know and do before they leave our nest: http://wearethatfamily.com/2017/01/17-things-want-kids-know-leave-nest/

OK this is a video, how I needed this message years ago! Beth Moore, Passion 2017~Don't miss it https://youtu.be/na_IUcy7PSY

This week I finished, Habits of Grace: Enjoying Jesus through the Spiritual Disciplines, this is a great book on grace, spiritual discipline habits; it was meaty, full of scripture, but great for a newer Christian and also those more advanced in their Christian walk. Everyone will get something out of this book. There are three sections, God's Voice, God's Ear, and God's body. It was well organized, with great practical advice! So, if you are looking to grow in your faith, this book is for you!

Snapshots of our week:
Ready for Monster Jam!

Ear protection check! Excited, check!
Grave Digger!

I had dreams of sleeping in till 8am on our little get-away, but not with this cute little boy!
Working hard at reading, so proud of him!
Sometimes we do school in our pj's, that kind of week!
Had to grocery shop this week, wasn't looking forward to it. Thankful the hubs and children came to help, makes for quick shopping! So we celebrated with hot chocolate!
I added a new book to my reading pile, it was on back order. The words liturgy, ordinary and sacredness in the mundane drew me in.
Rainy days, call for Lego imagination fun!
It's FRIDAY! And that means art lesson day! We are using Art & The Bible For Children and How Artists See series this school year.



2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family, a beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are so sweet, thanks for the kind words and stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.