Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Rest is found...

Psalm 62: 5-7 But I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him to rescue me. For salvation comes from Him alone. Yes, He alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense, and fortress—why then should I be tense with fear when troubles come? My protection and success come from God alone. He is my refuge, a Rock where no enemy can reach me. 

Rest is found in only trusting the ONE! I need rest, God says it is OK, He planned rest when He created the earth! Jesus even said Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and LEARN from Me. I certainly can't learn from Him if I am not resting myself in His truth, Word, and promises.

I need time to be silent, so I can hear from Him. I don't have to worry, because He has already came and did the work of salvation. I just need to trust and believe! No harm can ever come to me, no one can take my salvation, I have the promise of eternal life with the One Great King in heaven!

So this year, I will rest! So He can fill me, so I can hear from Him. My desire to is be rooted in Him, not get rooted in the things of this world. Not let things from this world drown out His truth and promises. Psalm 111:7~All His precepts are trustworthy. Psalm 46:10~Be still, and know that I am God. John 14:27~My peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth. Matthew 6:33~...don't worry about missing out...

I finished up reading Rhythms of Rest by Shelly Miller, so good people...this was my favorite message from the book that I am taking away and applying this year..."God loves me even when I am not doing, He wants a relationship first, how else can we be obedient if we don't know Him."
You know I am good at reading my Bible, it was the best habit I made in 2016, getting into the Word everyday, but then I would let distraction come at me from all forms. So this year, I am letting some things go, setting boundaries, not going to worry about what people will think of me. So I have shut-down my notifications from my phone and social apps (except a couple groups I am involved in). You see I wasted a lot of time there, most of the time it is not soul-filling, it can leave me feeling overburden at times. You know what, life is beginning to get more peaceful, I can hear God better, I am more in-tune with the needs around me. I am a person that needs quiet and that is hard to get in my life, being a stay at home wife-homeschooling mom. I need to be wise and cautious what I am in-taking into my mind and heart. I have the choice what fuels me, I have the choice to let go of things that do not.

A question from The Happiness Dare by Jennifer Dukes Lee (a book I am currently reading and involved in as an online book club) is what makes you happy? So I ask you to ponder what makes you happy too? What brings beauty into your life? How do you find rest and do you rest? It is one of the commandments God gave us and it is good to rest (and I am not talking about being lazy, but resting in HIM), just one of the things that makes me happy. To be honest rest can be hard for me, I have felt like I needed to be doing something, which sometimes then just turns into busy work, not kingdom work. So this year, my word is REST! Going from hope to rest, makes sense. Last year I needed hope to help me through some things and this year He is telling me He has it, I can rest easy. I don't have to strive, be perfect, impress, prove to anyone or seek approval from anyone. God has already approved me!

P.S. one thing that brings me happiness are beautiful sunsets/sunrises. They are to me, a reminder of God's creation, beauty, peace, light! As Psalm 19:1 says..The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of HIS hands. I am in awe, what a reminder it is because of God's glory and I can rest in that truth!

Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕

6 comments:

  1. I have to remind myself to not be Martha distracted in the kitchen and always busy, but to take time and be Mary sitting at the feet of Jesus and resting in Him. Thank you for the reminder as I write my goals and plans for the new year, to include times of rest too. Visiting from Coffee for Your Heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, yes Mary! I adore her willingness, how she pondered.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Shelly's book yet but hear so much good about it. I need to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one my favorite books of 2016 that I read.I have pages of notes :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I did a lot of resting this last year through a whole of lot of growth and adventure and through it all a lot of rest poured through as well that I wasn't anticipating yet after looking back over the year I see a lot of growth through that time. I pray you find a lot of rest this year and see a lot of growth at the end of this year through it! Blessings to you. (Your neighbor at #Coffeeforyourheart)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing, that give me courage to rest! I think it is also for me also being content, not worrying about others. Funny thing, I really don't worry about myself but others. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.