Sunday, February 26, 2017

Adorned~Woman to woman. Older to younger. Day to day. Life to life. This is God's beautiful plan.~review

If I had the funds, I would buy every woman I know Adorned~Living Out The Beauty Of The Gospel Together, book to read! This book is for the younger woman and the older woman, all women. I was so encouraged and learned a great amount of wisdom and truth reading this book about the scripture of Titus 2:1-5, 10 and I have read this scripture many times. Who would have thought so much could be said about this small section of scripture, but that is the power of God's Word! The author, Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth, based on her own experiences and stories from women she knows, and with lots of Biblical truths has provided a resource to use, to help teach us, and for us to help others. Women's mentoring is something that is greatly needed and near to my heart! I have seen the need, I have experienced the blessing of being mentored and mentoring. If it wasn't for the wisdom and prayers of an older woman in my life, I probably would not be where I am at today in my faith or been a part of women's ministry. We women need Titus 2 relationships, it seems more than ever as the world gets louder and louder. These types of relationships are in much need. These relationships brings changes to women, families, and the church.  Ladies I encourage you to get this book and read it for you, your daughter, sisters, your mother, and friends. Read it and let's live out this Biblical relationship and share the beauty of the gospel together and bring glory to God. Let HIM use you to reach out and help others. Live loved and be brave, because of God!

The book is broke down into three parts: A Woman Under God, A Woman Under Control, and A Woman Under Her Roof. So many points I like to share that I read in this book, but then I probably end up writing a book myself. So instead, here are a few: I like that the author wrote about the importance of sound doctrine and the problems with out it in our lives. I am so thankful I have sat under pastors and been a part of ministry in my life that teach it. She also shares the importance of the Holy Spirit in our lives and having self-control. It isn't enough to have knowledge and then not have the Holy Spirit. There are people that know right and do right, but with out the Holy Spirit it isn't right. Having Jesus in your life is what makes it beautiful and good, oh how I love that! The last few chapters focus on our home-life, for us that our wives and/or mothers. In sense, we are all mothers in a way, even if we do not have children ourselves, there are still opportunities out there to be like a mother to other children in need and around us.

Few quotes I hi-lighted:
"Our calling is to make His love and His truths visible, believable, and beautiful to skeptical observers."
"God has placed us here on earth as ambassadors of the gospel of Christ."
"Doctrine-what we believe-is foundational to how we live. And if you miss it, you'll never get to where you want to be."
"Belief affects behavior. Doctrine matters." 
"God cares about what happened inside the walls of our houses. Our home life-far from being a separate compartment from our spiritual life and witness-is a foundational way we express the love of God and the beauty of the gospel."
"Not only are God's ways true and right; they are also beautiful and good."
"There is no situation, no matter how broken or bleak, into which our redeeming God cannot step, bringing supernatural help, healing, and hope." 
"The women around you, overwhelmed by the undertow of life, need more than a book to read or a class to attend. They need you."  

For more info about this book, go to Moody Publishers page at https://www.moodypublishers.com/books/evangelism-and-discipleship/adorned/
Also go check out her web-site for some great resources and study guide for the book  http://www.adornedbook.com/


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, Moody Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book. My opinions and review are my own.




2 comments:

  1. This book looks and sounds amazing. Mentoring is so important to me too and is something I am looking to do more of here in the future. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will also be a great resource booknow, my fav about Titus 2 relationshipa, it covers it all.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.