Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Enough

Something happened recently that has wrecked my emotions and has me doing some deep pondering. I am struggling with something wondering if I need to say something, should I be the person to say it, etc...?? I could complain and be angry about it! But you know what, I need to stop that, I need to give it to God, all of it, and trust HIM. I can't be responsible for people's decisions or how they act (Heck I fail myself some days.). However, I am responsible for being kind and trusting the Lord with it.

What I want you to know is that we all have struggles, we all have worries, doubts and I am a big mess some days! So what do we do with that? We have to say, enough is enough! I need to be praying, instead of trying to analyze. Worship over worry! Trust over doubt! I need to be obedient to the Word! However, sometimes that isn't always easy because it isn't clear or is it? Maybe instead it's me getting impatient waiting or don't want to do that? So until it is clear what am I to do? I need to do the next right thing that I know is right according to the Word and let God take it. God is responsible with the results, not me. So hard sometimes for someone like me who likes to have control over certain things and wants to know the answers. Sometimes we will not get that answer or understand, because we can't wrap our mind around God. To that I am thankful for and relieved, because if I could then HE couldn't be God! Oh Lord how I need thee, more Jesus, less me! So I  remind myself seek and rest in the Lord, keep my hope in the Lord, praise HIM, and have faith! God will never leave you and always has a plan for good! Thank you Lord for the complete peace you give, when I go to you! 

Psalm 103 (TLB)
I bless the holy name of God with all my heart. Yes, I will bless the Lord and not forget the glorious things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins. He heals me. He ransoms me from hell. He surrounds me with loving-kindness and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things! My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! He gives justice to all who are treated unfairly. He revealed his will and nature to Moses and the people of Israel.
He is merciful and tender toward those who don’t deserve it; he is slow to get angry and full of kindness and love. He never bears a grudge, nor remains angry forever. 10 He has not punished us as we deserve for all our sins, 11 for his mercy toward those who fear and honor him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. 12 He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west. 13 He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic to those who reverence him. 14 For he knows we are but dust 15 and that our days are few and brief, like grass, like flowers, 16 blown by the wind and gone forever.
17-18 But the loving-kindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting to those who reverence him; his salvation is to children’s children of those who are faithful to his covenant and remember to obey him!
19 The Lord has made the heavens his throne; from there he rules over everything there is. 20 Bless the Lord, you mighty angels of his who carry out his orders, listening for each of his commands. 21 Yes, bless the Lord, you armies of his angels who serve him constantly.
22 Let everything everywhere bless the Lord. And how I bless him too!

It's Wednesday, mid week! Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕 and
From Messes to Messages 

6 comments:

  1. I love your scripture and picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feathers remind me of peace and strength.

      Delete
  2. Jennie, praying the Lord continues to deposit into you all that you need to completely leave it all in His control. I am always blessed when I read Psalm 103, especially as it brings the reminder that through my obedience, my children are also blessed (verse 17,18). It gives me greater motivation to keep on doing the hard thing. Blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers Joanne, so needed!

      Delete
  3. Your thoughts remind me of the reading I did yesterday in 1 Peter 2 where Peter is talking about submitting to the authorities in our lives. I have one authority figure in my life that hasn't made good choices--often terrible choices--that impact me greatly. So I'm tempted to focus on that person's failures and not look at my own, Jen, very much like you wrote about here. I can relate! Oh boy, can I relate! ha! But it's like you've said--we all must surrender those efforts to fix or control at the Lord's feet. He is so much more capable of changing the situation--by changing us! Great thoughts, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! God is always so timely and always has the Words we need. Praying for you!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.