Friday, February 17, 2017

Weekly encouragement, snapshots, books...

This post may bore you if you are not into books, if so just skip ahead to the homeschooling part, encouraging parts or pass by. Just giving you fair warning folks! 😊

This week I have been reading, reading! I have a couple books I am reading for reviews and a couple from my personal pile. I finished reading Wild and Free, it was an encouraging read, the title drew me. I related to the two authors and the stories from their lives. These are two ladies that love the Lord and share HIS truths. Maybe you are loud person or maybe you consider yourself a quieter person (like me). It doesn't matter, God will use you, as long as you believe and submit to HIS will. I also finished reading, which I wrote a blog post for Heart Of Marriage
This week I started Adorned~Living Out the Beauty of the Gospel Together this is sooo good so far, a message near and dear to my heart. I am only in chapter 2 and have been hi-lighting and writing notes. Last night I started reading for a book launch I am a part of, so this book has not yet been released Unsinkable Faith
My personal pile I finally started A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on The Gentle Art of Learning, it is on the job reading, so to speak. Being a homeschool mom I need to keep learning too! Another on the job reading for me as a mom, because who doesn't need a little help from time to time or to see if there may be a better or different way that may help in raising up children. Plus I am also responsible at times for many other children through co-op or at church. So I picked up this book for cheap on my kindle Grace Based Discipline: How to Be at Your Best When Your Kids Are at Their Worst

So as you can see, I like to read a variety of books, non-fiction Christian, memoirs (my new favorite type), homeschooling, parenting, and marriage books. I read plenty of fiction with my kids! What are your favorite type of books or recently read books that you have read, that I may need to add to my list? However, I like what this blogger shared about Christian books, and it is true, I have stopped reading books if they start pointing out self, falsehoods, etc... In reality there is only one book we should be reading from daily and that is the Bible. So before picking up and thinking you will find an answer in another book, go to the Bible. God has all the answers and wisdom! Nonfiction Christian books should always point to the Bible not away.....If that Christian book on your nightstand or if your women’s bible study points you back to you, please put it down.  The message of self-found throughout the culture and even in the church will fail us.  It is a false gospel.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus and rejoice that He is the author and perfecter of our faith—not ourselves!  https://www.oshmanodyssey.com/jensblog/ladies-please-consider-who-is-the-subject-of-your-bible-study 

The kids completed week 25, always a good feeling!! We had a fun week, with it being Valentine's Day and Co-op week! We are so blessed to be a part of a wonderful co-op. The kids enjoy seeing their friends and attending their classes! We have a talented group of moms who share their skills teaching classes and moms that help make things run smoothly. We also have a creative talented bunch of kids, as I saw from their awesome Valentine Boxes!! It was sure hard being a judge! Even though I leave exhausted at the end of co-op, it is worth it!! I don't know what I do without this group!
We had a nice two days of the hubby being home too, and on Valentine's Day to boot!! So we got to celebrate on the real day! One never knows with the railroad and now they changed there off days again, which will be an adjustment to our family.

Encouraging reads: 
But sometimes y'all, things are just crappy.  http://www.swtblessings.com/2017/02/sometimes-things-are-crappy.html 
We all make choices every day. Are we giving into temptation, or are we fighting, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to live a life that pleases God? https://yourmomhasablog.com/2017/02/13/the-harmless-sins-are-the-most-dangerous-of-them-all/
 
Snapshots of the week:
One plus to being the one to lock up the chickens is seeing this beautiful sunset!
A little on the job reading!
Sweet Valentine memories!
Little cupcake date with my sweet daughter!
Being silly girls! Messenger app features are fun!
Sweet Valentine presents for my loves!! Love my family!! Happy Valentine's Day!
A present from my sweet little boy and hubby! Beauty in small things!!
A little Valentine's learning in our morning time at Raising Arrows! Thankful for the love Christ gave us! He lived it and died for us!
Still quiet mornings, remind me of God's peace! Philippians 4:6-7
Completed Valentine Boxes went to co-op yesterday!! They had fun making them!!
Fun time at co-op celebrating Valentine's!! We have some creative talented kids in our co-op!!
Our memory board this week! Reminders to wait for the Lord!
Happy FRIday!! Apple-fritters for breakfast!! Celebrate simple things!
➽📓Linking up with Weekly Wrap-Up 



4 comments:

  1. Fun post! I love to read too but I think you take the prize with all of the books you are reading or have finished. I'm reading Jennie Allen's Nothing to Prove right now and love it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I have Nothing to Prove on my wish-list on Amazon! Thanks for the wonderful happy mail today!! :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun week. The Charlotte Mason Companion is one of my favorite books. I have worn it out.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! Glad to hear that about the book!! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.