Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Be doers of the Word

Note to not forget! The Word is powerful and God speaks though it. I don't know about you, but I am guilty of not doing what the Word tells me all the time, ouch! So why I need Jesus and so thankful for HIS great sacrifice for me (and for all those that choose to believe)! I share this to remind myself, to speak to myself and maybe some of us all need this reminder too. A reminder how powerful God's Word is when we read it, how HE can transform us through HIS Word, through prayer, through the work of the Holy Spirit in us. Lord help me to not forget your truths, but to live them! To transform me into the person you made me to be here on earth! I thank you for saving a sinner like me and I am thankful that I don't have to do this alone! Amen!

James 1: 22-25 (msg)~Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don’t act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like. But whoever catches a glimpse of the revealed counsel of God—the free life!—even out of the corner of his eye, and sticks with it, is no distracted scatterbrain but a man or woman of action. That person will find delight and affirmation in the action.

From Word Writers~James study I recently finished:
"Knowing the truth means living the truth. There's no way around it."
"I don't want head-knowledge without heart-compassion. I want to love the way Jesus loves."

From The Final Days Of Jesus, lent study by Sacred Holidays:
"Now is the time to live it out! Now is your time to do what it says."

Do you see a theme here, oh yes God I hear you! For me this message is perfect timing as I step into my Lent study and the meaning of the Lent season. I have areas in my life that I need to give up to the Lord, areas that I need HIM to work in. So if you have any areas, something holding you back, or taking your attention away from being a doer and trusting God, lets pray for one another! God will do the transforming our lives need. Let's stand together on the promises of God, HIS ancient Words hold power and truth for us to overcome. Let's trust the greatness of God and believe whole-hardheartedly.

Please feel free to share your prayer needs below. Remember you are loved by a great God! Live loved!

It's Wednesday, mid week! Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕 and
From Messes to Messages  

4 comments:

  1. James has always been that book of direction for me. Simple yet deep, powerful yet still filled with the grace that beckons the weary soul to settle close, and to the point yet love-filled. And how can God's Word be anything less, right? Be doers of His Word, the one that says listen with both ears and talk less. :)
    Thank you for a timely reminder.
    Blessings!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes so much wisdom in James and so simple! Why God gave us two ears and one month ;)

      Delete
  2. It seems we are looking at this similar issue of getting into God's word, Jenn. But I love the perspective and focus you are taking today--to do God's word. That's one of my heartbeats and will be unpacked later in my series. But I'm grateful for the way you are tying this into the season of Lent. I'm curious to see where you take this moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your series on this! Praying!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.