Saturday, March 11, 2017

Break week, celebrating, weekly encouragement, and snapshots!

Remember last week, when I said "I have been waiting for winter and snow to arrive, but it looks like for the most part winter is skipping our area this year, to which this ex-northern will not complain at all!", well.... we woke up to a winter-wonder land this morning! To which I will still not complain, it is pretty, the kids are having a blast in the snow and big kid too (aka my husband)! But also, what a beautiful reminder of the wonderful things God does! A simple snow can remind you of freshness, newness, being made brand new, because it looks like nothing like it did yesterday. That is how God can work in our lives! The moment you believe that the Lord Jesus Christ saved you, a sinner, and then HE cleans you, forgives you instantly, making you as clean as fresh white snow!
Psalm 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Isaiah 1:18  “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool.


Also, what a reminder to be still and enjoy the beauty all around! We had a wonderful week of family time, celebrating the husband's 40th birthday, and a break from our routine, we took a week off from regular book learning and the husband was off work!! Sweet friends of ours kept our kiddos for two days, so the hubs and I could enjoy time alone and celebrate his birthday. The kids had a blast on their over-night stay! We traveled an hour away and stayed downtown in the city. We enjoyed a time of walking around, city site seeing, eating together, and listening to live music. We were excited to get back to the country and with our little's!! City life is fun, but we are country folks and like quiet and wide-open spaces, especially after being woken up to a garbage truck at 5:30AM! Part of my idea of getting away was sleeping in, ha! 

Encouraging reads:


Minimalism isn’t just about getting rid of all your stuff (although I have done some of that too–and it’s pretty amazing). It’s about focusing your family on what really matters in life. http://www.becomingminimalist.com/kids-need-minimalism/
So, this bone-weariness, worn out, stressed season doesn’t mean we’re doing something wrong. It means we might just be getting it right. And there’s research to prove it. http://wearethatfamily.com/2017/02/im-tired-how-about-you/
I have been pondering on this phrase I seem to see everyone and I agree with what she wrote http://mercyisnew.com/2017/03/01/im-not-enough/
Homeschool mama’s need a laugh and encouragement, If you give a homeschool mom an idea…  https://thehomeschoolmomblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/if-you-give-a-homeschool-mom-an-idea/
As moms who love the Word of God, let’s make sure that our words align with His.  Let’s check our popular expressions, our easily-caught colloquialisms, which may be wreaking havoc in the hearts of our daughters, and replace them with what is true:  https://www.oshmanodyssey.com/jensblog/23ypf60hyn4lxm9edjjqfdhq880y5l


Snapshots of the week:
This was last Sunday (sunny 70 degrees), was so thankful for a beautiful afternoon and evening, as we had a bit of a rough start to our day that morning. Reminder God is good and HIS beauty surrounds us! Take time to rest in HIS presence!
Fun little mama daughter date watching Alice In Wonderland play! Little man was still not feeling 100% so he stayed home with daddy!
Then the next day...little man was back! He cracks me up, mini Ryan! Got his keys on his belt loop!
Wednesday the kids earned their 2nd level yellow belt! So proud of them!
Thursday my hubby officially caught up to me in age! 😉 Love him, couldn't imagine my life without him!
Abigail planned a surprise birthday cake party!!
Pics of my hubby when he was little! Amazing how much Aidan and him look a like!!
Celebrating the hubs birthday, kid-free!!
Isn't he a hottie!! Love him!! 💗
The kids had so much fun!! King of the tree or should I say queen! Dirt-playing, cow petting...
Winter wonderland this morning!!
Kids are ready to build a snowman!
Socks is not sure what to think of this, his first snow!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.