Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Me-centered vs. God-centered

A message I have read, heard twice, and been praying about over the week...why do we not do the things we ought to do? What holds us back from surrendering and doing God's will? Is it fear, that might be the reason, and at times it has been for me. However, for me and maybe many others, it is because we are often times me-centered, and not God-centered. Ouch! We believers get caught up in the world's teachings, instead of our Savior Jesus's teaching. We get focused on ourselves, our safety, comfort, security, future, our plans, etc... We need to ask should we be doing more to help God's kingdom, to help those in need? God doesn't need us, but we should want to do for HIM, because HE first loved us and we love Him (1 John 4:19)! I apologize if this may not be the most encouraging post, but it can be if we want what our Lord wants, and we should, right? Jesus first and second commands Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these (Mark 12:30–32 Matthew 22:37–39). God wants us. From that we ought to want to do, love, and walk with HIM (Micah 6:8). When we fully surrender to God, we will truly live an abundant life here on earth! 
Alas, I am not living this 100%, but I desire to. So why I am in need of Jesus and thankful for HIS grace. I ask you to please join in prayer for this very thing, Lord God, help me to walk obediently to Your calling and not hold back, and let me walk it! AMEN!

A song that has also been on repeat, which is soul penetrating is Kari Jobe's~The Cause of Christ! It has a powerful message, one I want to live fully!



The only thing I want in life is to be known for loving Christ to build His church
To love His bride
And make His name known far and wide
For this cause I live
For this cause I'd die
I surrender all
For the cause of Christ
All I once held dear
I will leave behind
For my joy is this
Oh the cause of Christ
He is all my soul will prize
Regardless of the joy or trial
When agonizing questions rise
In Jesus all my hope abides
For this cause I live
For this cause I'd die
I surrender all
For the cause of Christ
All I once held dear
I will leave behind
For my joy is this
Oh the cause of Christ
Jesus my Jesus
For Your glory for Your name
Jesus my Jesus
I will only sing Your praise
For this cause I live
For this cause I'd die
I surrender all
For the cause of Christ
All I once held dear
I will leave behind
For my joy is this
Oh the cause of Christ
It is not fame that I desire
Nor stature in my brother's eye
I pray it's said about my life
That I lived more to build Your name than mine


It's Wednesday, mid week! Linking up with Coffee for Your Heart weekly link-up 💕 and
From Messes to Messages  
 

6 comments:

  1. This is a message I've been contemplating and trying to live out too, Jen. Just the other day I was reading 2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." That seems to echo what you're saying here and the call to upright living in Micah 6:8 too. In fact, Micah 6:8 is a verse that I pray for my sons and daughter-in-law regularly. Thanks for sharing this beautiful and necessary challenge, my friend! Always great to have you in the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and sharing that verse, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are powerful because they speak truth- God's truth. Seeking God is not for the faint of heart and if we let ourselves get in the way, we will not be honoring God's plans for us. I'm praying that I continue to learn to step out of the way and let God do what He does best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not easy, I struggle some days. Thankful for God's faithfulness and the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

      Delete
  4. Well said! And that's a beautiful song!
    I've attended a lot of funerals in the last few years, and I expect I'll probably attend my own (in a manner of speaking) someday. And today I heard a song that I don't even know if it was secular or religious, but it was talking about what would you do if you knew that today was your last day on earth. A selfless, God-centered legacy is the only one that we should be working toward. May the Lord help us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I so need help too, praying! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.