Friday, March 17, 2017

Weekly encouragement and snapshots, mid March!

Hello peeps, I hope you all have had a wonderful blessed week! There is always something to be thankful for! We finished week 28 of school this week and it was the week our co-op gets together for classes, whoohoo!! Today is FRIDAY, so that right there is reason enough to celebrate for most people, if you have a regular week-day job, though we at our household do not know what that is like. However, we still celebrate Fridays with a special breakfast, pizza and movie night!! It makes for great memories and fun traditions! I hope you all find something to celebrate this week, even if it is just surviving the time change! Feel free to share what you do for mini celebrations and if you don't, now is the time to start! I started finding ways to celebrate and make fun traditions after reading Sally Clarkson's book, I loved the message of that book and the whys.

Last week was break week for us, so it was a little tough getting back into the routine on Monday. However, I do think we thrive best in routines, it keeps us moving forward as we know what is coming next. Though there is always something that comes up that isn't expected (many times these are God opportunities or lessons), so that is when we need to learn to adjust with grace (not always easy). Little man, started back doing swim lessons this week, so that added an extra trip onto our Wednesdays. We gave him a little incentive if he can master some basic swim techniques, we will go to the big water park this summer. Next week, he will start piano lessons. I am interested to see how this goes with two of them learning to play the piano. I am glad Abigail has completed two years of piano already, so she can help him with his practice. This mama knows none! Next week Abigail is excited to have a friend of mine start teaching her knitting. I am so thankful for friends that have these gifts and their willingness to share their time and gifts. Abigail has been wanting to learn and I have tried myself to learn, but I just can't get it. I think I just don't have the patience for it, probably because my patience bucket is empty by that time to learn something new like that for myself, so I will just keep to my love of reading, it's my hobby of choice! 😉 Also, I enjoy the blogging world and being a part of it. I shared my story this week on my blog, it wasn't easy, I was full off nerves, but God has been laying it on my heart to share it. If you missed it and want to know how I got to where I am, feel free to check it out, I definitely would not be where I am at if it wasn't for my Lord and Savior! http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2017/03/are-you-christian-i-dont-know-but-here.html I hope it encourages someone else to share their story or take that step in getting to know Jesus, it is life changing, the best decision you will ever make in your life!!

Here are some encouraging/thought provoking reads of the week for me:
But I dare you, I beg you to here this truth:  your normal isn’t the world’s normal and the greatest deception is that you believe that it is. http://wearethatfamily.com/2017/03/normal-isnt-worlds-normal-greatest-deception-believe/
Read-aloud benefits for mom https://edsnapshots.com/how-moms-benefit-from-read-alouds/ 
For those of us who know and love Jesus Christ, we understand that a daily relationship with Him is the only way to the rich, full life that we all long for. Allowing God’s view of us to shape our self-perception is the key to authentic confidence. Imagine how different our world would be if we could teach our kids this kind of godly confidence! Wow. http://forthefamily.org/12-truths-teach-kids-godly-self-confidence/
Yet Motherhood itself is a craft. We wake each morning with the opportunity to form and fashion our day. We can sketch out a schedule, add a splash of color here and there with a fun read-aloud and then stand back and decide if we are pleased with the composition before we rise to paint again the following day. We may be the type of artist who colors inside the lines or we may scribble around but the form and expression are ours to control for we are the mother and our days have the opportunity to be great masterpieces if we apply the time and artistry in requires to fashion a lovely one.  http://www.storywarren.com/on-motherhood-as-a-craft-cultivating-wonder/ 
It is not about me. The truth of it all is I’m both scared and relieved when I realize I’m not enough. I’m scared because really people (most of them little people) are relying on me to make good decisions and be a good mother. I’m also relieved because I don’t have to be enough. God is writing my story, and I’m not at the center. If I can remember that in my daily life I would do better to stop doubting. http://www.sarahefrazer.com/2017/03/moses-feel-like-arent-enough/

Weekly snapshots:
Another pic of our winter wonderland from last Saturday! Watching some geese!
Working on building their snowman!
Peter-cat, comes in daily for a cat-nap! Usually he goes to Abigail's room, but we were all in the living room, so he joined us.
By the next day our snow was gone, but then we had a few flurries Monday morning during our reading time.
When your son wants a picture with his mama. Blessed mama!
Building with magformers!
Watch for this upcoming book review soon, it is a great read! I enjoy reading anything by Tozer, a wise brilliant godly man.  Always thought-provoking and deep!
Happy Mail this week, my 2017-2018 homeschool planner arrived!!

➽📓Linking up with Weekly Wrap-Up   and Fresh Market Friday




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.