Friday, March 24, 2017

Weekly encouragement, books, and snapshots!

This week has been a whirl-wind kind of week, but all is good! Why, because God is always good!! This was the week my hubs had two days off, which we try to take advantage of when he is home. Though we also still had responsibilities to take care. Life can be just draining sometimes, so why I need Jesus!
We finished week 29 of school this week!! We are celebrating today with some cinnamon rolls! Abigail has been working the last few weeks on memorizing Psalm 121, and while she has been learning it, it has become scripture that has spoke much to my heart. What a reminder of the power of God's Word ~ All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.~Titus 3:16-17
Psalm 121:
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?

My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
    the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil;
    he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore.


Aidan started piano this week, he wasn't excited at first, but after he got his books he couldn't wait to have lessons with Mrs. Rachel!! I can't wait to see Abigail and him play together! Abigail learned a new skill this week, a sweet friend took her time to share knitting with her! I may have to try to learn again, maybe I will have more patience for it this time. What I am learning through this all, is may we all never stop learning and preserver through the days that challenge us and most important may we remember Christ in all things!

I have been reading some really good books lately and finished up some recently:
  • All Is Grace by Brennan Manning~a worthwhile memoir, a beautiful messy story, teaches the need of grace. I consider myself more messy then beautiful most days, so it is a positive!
  • Finding Spiritual Whitespace~Awakening Your Soul To Rest by Bonnie Gray~if you have experience a trauma in your life this book is a must read. P.S. she has a new book coming out in a couple months I can't wait to share with you!!
  • Unsinkable Faith by Tracie Mills~this book is coming out soon, so much wisdom in this book, will be sharing a review at the end of April
  • Grace Based Discipline by Kris Kimmel Murray ~one parenting book I enjoyed, not many out there, this has lots of Biblical wisdom for disciplining and giving grace a good balance and the humor is great too
  • Prayer by A.W. Tozer~recently reviewed a book that provides lots of Biblical wisdom about prayer and what it looks like
  • Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola~a homeschool read, I recommend it to those interested in Charlotte Mason style of education. I consider us to be part Charlotte Mason and part Classical and a mix-mosh of our own style. 
  • Falling Free by Shannon Martin~I started this last week and am almost finished, it is wrecking me but in a good way, a worthy read! Get it! I will share more when I am done...

Encouraging Reads:


Only as we die to self can much then be produced in our lives. http://www.joanneviola.com/2017/03/lent-good-for-the-health-of-our-souls/
I want to do big things! And I want to do them now! https://yourmomhasablog.com/2017/03/21/maybe-were-raising-world-changers/
As followers of Jesus, we are called to walk in the tension of grace and truth. http://nataliesnapp.com/2017/03/22/living-tension-grace-truth/



‘Real’ ministry is here and now. It’s not ten years down the road, it’s not ten minutes down the road. It’s right where I am. The real question is, what will I do with the ministry He’s given? https://thehomeschoolmomblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/17/waiting-for-real-ministry-to-begin/
Some thoughts to ponder on and a book to add to my list http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2017/03/18900/
 

This week I am counting many blessings, so important to look for God's truth, beauty, and goodness in all we do.
Snapshots of our week:

This week we started week 4 of Final Days of Jesus. I have been adding to my cover which at first felt intimidating to create, but using it as a place to put the words the Lord lays on my heart through this study. What a great reminder of what God has done and is doing through this one area of my life, now I need to do, love, walk! So thankful for Jesus, my light, protector, strength, my salvation!
Last Friday was St. Patrick's day, so with our pizza and movie night we needed a special snack!
These two and their imaginations crack me up, I should feel safe right!! LOL
Happy first day of spring on Monday! My little chicken helpers. Chickens have been a blessing for our family! Teaches the kids responsibility and we get fresh eggs!! We made egg salad for on the first day of Spring to celebrate!
Mama come watch me ride my bike, he said! Well of course son, I love too! It's the simple things!
Abigail made a picture for first day of Spring and what it means to her.
Fishing with daddy one morning this week she caught herself some lunch! 😉
This girl learned a new hobby from a friend! She is loving it! Knitting!

Birthday presents have started arriving for someone's upcoming birthday!
Aidan was so excited after his first lesson. He came home to show daddy!
Beautiful evening for a little fishing! My little fishers 💕
A homeschoolers happy mail, homeschool catalogs are arriving, this is mainly what we use! Sonlight! I am so excited with the changes they have made for the new year!!
➽📓Linking up with Weekly Wrap-Up   and Fresh Market Friday

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Oh! Oh! I can't wait to get our Sonlight catalogue!! Although I don't really know why I'm so excited because we won't order until about January... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoohoo!! I received it yesterday!! I am waiting till end of May because of the new LA, so exciting!! :)

      Delete
  2. That looks like the perfect kick off for Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.