Friday, May 26, 2017

Encouragement and Snapshots

There are just some days, you can feel the attacks of satan coming strong, so why I need God's Word,  encouragement, HIS reminders, and prayers of other believers with me on this journey of faith. This Word from God is wise and we need to pray daily (often), so we don't get lost on our journey. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 
There are many times I am not brave and I don't think God is telling us we have to be brave on our own, but through Him we can be brave, we don't have to have it all together or be awesome, because we have an awesome God who does hold all things (Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.)!! Now that is some great hope right there!!

Here are some encouraging reads from this week:

How do I remember eternity, when I’m stuck in the ordinary and consumed with the daily tasks and to-do lists? http://www.sarahefrazer.com/2017/05/live-eternity-fold-laundry/
Somewhere along the way we lost sight of God. We lost sight that holiness is what our heart should desire above all else. We’ve been bamboozled to believe that “holiness” is boring. Did we forget we are to be in the world, not of the world? How can we effectively sharpen iron when our standard is to look at what everyone else is doing rather than what the Scriptures say? Clearly, I have more questions than answers. http://rachaelcarman.com/attitude-not-platitudes/
Words are potent. Words change things. Words brought galaxies into being when “God said…and there was”(Gen 1:3). God’s words have impact (Isa 55:11), are living, active, and sharp (Heb 4:12), illuminate dark places (Ps 119:105), nourish souls (Mt 4:4), and defeat death (Lk 11:43). The words of the gospel are “the power (literally, dynamite) of God.” https://scottsauls.com/2017/05/words/
Saying no to one is saying yes to another. Weeding wisely increases your success and your joy. Might you have a few weeds to pull? To purposefully plant, ask: http://joyfilleddays.com/weeding-wisely-to-increase-joy/
Some great points, but a big one if we are too busy we will miss out on God…here are 10 Reasons to Ban Busy from Your Family Life http://www.abundantmama.com/ban-busy/

New book launch! "God's to-do list involves loving others fully, being patient, and only doing the things HE assigns me to do."
Mama education reading! I call this school in-service!
My new Bible study! I highly recommend it, anyone interested in doing a small group or online group of this one in the near future, let me know. "Obedience is not a reluctant duty. Obedience is not an indebted action. Nor is it the way to salvation. Obedience is a response to God's grace-the natural and right response to this great gift of grace we've received."


This week we started our summer session, for Raising Arrows homeschool. We started nature journaling and a new Bible study! Nature journaling is something I have been wanting us to add into our days, but we just never got around to it. Well in summer, we have no excuses we are not doing our regular curriculum, so I thought well if I start now, it will build into a habit. What I wasn't expecting is how much we would enjoy it! I am not great at drawing, nor painting, it just doesn't come naturally to me, like some people (hint my husband). I would tell myself it won't be any good, I can't, but I did it! It was a great reminder that sometimes we just need to start, we just need to do it! We don't need to let those negative thought patterns rule our minds because our feelings do not have to rule us. With Christ we can face those "giants", yes I realize drawing may seem little and silly, but it goes for anything satan throws at you. He like nothing more than to hold you down! Anyhow, I just love how God can use something to teach me a lesson. On Sunday, it was a big celebration day, Aidan who professed faith in Christ the week before, followed through in believers Baptism. He said it was the best day ever, and yes it is was!!

Snapshots of our week:
A fun night of golf practice with PGA Jr League team!
Wonderful day at church, so many things to be thankful for!! Praising the Lord for Aidan following through in believer's baptism to share his faith. Thank you JESUS!!
Celebrating Aidan's baptism!
Fun night at our Girls In Action tea party, my girl and our special guest Mrs. Shannon!
Raising Arrows summer session has officially begun. Nature study, Big Truths, reading fun, and art!
Nature study art! Learning about birds!
The hubs and dauther had a golf date and little man wanted to have a movie date with his mama watching Monster Trucks!
Found himself a rock on our little exploring outing.
This girl completed the Young Explorers 1 from The Mailbox Club! My kids enjoy receiving and completing these Bible lessons! Check them out! http://www.mailboxclub.org
My fisherman and his "redneck" fishing equipment! But oh yummy fish were caught!
Hubs, captured this one, our mowing chickens out in their tractor and little farm boy watching!
Listening to this girl read our bird lesson along with little cowboy!
Fun morning adding to our nature journals, drawing hummingbirds and labeling!
Hummingbird nature study!
Beatuiful and peaceful night at the pond!
Little karate kids! Next month they test for green belt!
Beautiful day for a walk with my little's!
Thankful for this gorgeous day, perfect clouds, beautiful wheat field, and my little's!


4 comments:

  1. You've served up some gems for us, Jennie! And oh my! Your life must be so FULL! I don't know how you do it all, but I love your enthusiasm for life and your passion for Christ, my friend! You, my friend, rock! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet friend for that encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I didn't see a link to this post in my linkup. I'd love for you to add it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.